Chapter 1

Oh, my goodness I am a bad writer, starting another fanfic like this. Oh well.

This is my first Inuyasha fanfic, go easy on me guys I know this is a big fandom but try not to chew me out okay? Correct me on any grammar mistakes and if I get a few characters and terms wrong, please?

So this fanfic came to mind when I found out that the InuYasha fandom was lacking male characters so I thought, why not? I'll make one and see how it goes from there.

Title: Hokusai

Summary: He is a wandering monk with weird morales and thinking. Not many people know of him because he doesn't stay in one village too long but when asked, he gives the name Hokusai. Inuyasha thinks the man is weird for releasing him from the tree and letting him wander along with him.

Takes place five years before actual story.

Pairing/Category To be decided.

The smell of the rotting demon on the ground is foul and he is surprised that no other demon has come to pick off it or eat it. Then again another demon did pass by but the demon probably was not fresh.

The monk snorts, black eyes moving away from the rotting corpse to the direction of the trail he had been following. He is pretty sure that there is a village nearby since there is a trail. He hums before turning to follow the dirt path.

He has been traveling for four days. The last village he was in was full of women and children that needed his help. Apparently, a demon went rampid around the area and killed youkai and humans. The village men went after it and then their miko to never return.

He managed to slay it easily.

Then again from what he heard, their miko was an extremely young girl who had started her apprenticeship. She was their last hope. Poor thing. The miko before that past away and left the village to the girl.

He pulls a loose thread out of the hakui he is wearing. The women of the village gave it to him since he was in desperate need of clothing when he arrived back. He didn't mind that he was in a miko attire that much. In truth, it was the only thing that could fit him. Apparently, the late miko had been a tall woman with a nice build to her. He took the clothes and told the villagers that he managed to suppress the youkai and eliminated it. They should not have to worry but he informed them of strengthening their workforce in case of future attacks.

He left before they could ask him to stay.

Now here he was, wondering the forest. The dirt path began to fade a few steps back. The monk does not mind, he can survive without getting to a village on time. He decides to keep moving forward, not at all caring if he got lost in the forest or not.

He manages to see a small clearing of trees moments after walking. 'Must be a small forest,' he thinks to himself and walks toward it.

In the middle of the small clearing is a tree. It's an old thick one, holding strong and standing proudly amongst the others. He narrows his eyes because there is something different about the tree.

It is emitting yokai energy.

It is a small amount. Almost as if the energy is dormant or resting. Then again it could be a small yokai that was present. If that were the case he could easily kill it. He walks up to the tree and begins to circle around it-

Oh-

It... wasn't a small demon after all.

Said demon was pinned up to the tree, an arrow where his shoulder is. From the looks of it, it was some type of canine demon. By the look of the silver ears on his head, he was an inu.