Prologue:

I stared at my clouded reflection, admiring how much I have changed. It was then that I saw how much a person could change in ten years. My hair was long, my body matured. A couple of inches added to my height. Taking in what seemed to be an unbelievable sight, all I could do was stand and stare. The trashed shirt that covered a tank top I wore fit more than I had thought it would. Everything seemed so unrealistic, was this really who I was? This girl in the mirror staring back at me covered in blood and sweat and grime? Why did I let myself get this way, how could I be brought into everything that has happened? I started searching for an answer, and now there are multiple questions unanswered.

        "Come on, wake up Chasity!" my moms voice echoed throughout my room. my eyes opened slowly, I couldn't believe it, her voice was the voice of an angel. I fought tears as I sat up in my bed. I could feel the comforter covering my body, keeping me warm. I blinked, when I opened my eyes my mom was in the kitchen with my dad cooking breakfast, "Well, breakfast isn't going to cook itself. Take over while I go smoke." I stared in disbelief when she passed the spatula on to me. I couldn't believe what was happening, it all felt so real. Maybe everything that had happened was a nightmare. I looked around me taking in every detail, the white walls in the kitchen. The pantry door, the tile floors. The bar-top counter covered in paperwork and computers. The hallway with a pair of shoes and a few items of clothing from my younger siblings. It all seemed so real. I took a breath closing my eyes again. I opened them in shock when there was a loud crash. I jumped, ready to battle, and calmed when I saw the glorious image in front of me. My young kid brother, just eight years old, pulling a prank on me. I couldn't help but smile as he laughed. I just wanted to embrace him. He turned in ran as I chased him. I stopped in front of a poster ridden door and listened to the soft music poor out. I felt the tears roll down my face when I heard the singing on the other side of the door. I opened the door and smiled, she was a beautiful sight, my younger sister stood in the middle of the room singing along with the music. I chuckled and closed my eyes. I was in Heaven. Opening my eyes I could feel the crisp air surround me and my family. We were in the back woods hiking together for the first time in a long time. Everything felt perfect, but an eerie feeling fell over me. I couldn't explain it, so I brushed it off. I wish that I hadn't then. "What is that?" I heard my brother say startled by a humanoid creature circling us. "Stay back." My dads voice echoed around me as I watched him pull all of my family back behind him. In unison they all spoke, "How could you let this happen Chasity. I thought you loved us!" Their voiced boomed as the creature engulfed them. They disappeared, leaving me alone. The creature and I were face to face, it's bright, almost white eyes, forever imprinting on mine. It stared into my soul before whispering one word, "Run." I watched as the monster tore open its own stomach revealing people. The earth turned on its side, I fell into the monster. The people inside started to climb up me shouting "Freedom!' repeatedly. All I could do was watch. I felt a familiar soft hand grab me before my moms face was level with my own, "Run!" was all she screamed. 

        Chasity shot up with a shriek. The shriek was soon interrupted when a splash of vomit hit the ground next to her. Shaking and crying she turned to her startled partner on the pallet, drenched in a cold sweat and fear across his face. Chasity tried to move before another wave hit, causing her to  curl into a ball as he nerves took control. Her breathing fast,her heart beating, nothing made sense. Everything was going black. Jay quickly reacted, he pulled over a towel and held her long light brown hair back. His large hand going in gentle circles across her back as she eventually came to. Soon she was able to breath regularly. She looked up at his startled face. With concern in her voice she asked,  "W-what's the matter love?" He took a deep breath before speaking, as if to calm himself, "Y-you talk in your sleep Chasity." He looked down at the puddle he had accidentally kneel in tending to her. All she could do was fight back tears that fought to spill out. Taking notice he acted accordingly. He embraced her with all of his might and she lost every ounce of strength she had left. Her sobs filled their small bedroom, "I-I couldn't save them!" Jay squeezed her tighter making sure that she knew she was safe. "It is not your fault. You did all that you could." His words were encouraging and comforting to her. She sighed into his broad shoulder before sitting up wiping the tears that still traveled down her porcelain face. "I just wish that I could change the way things have been going." She looked down at her red hands, "Who doesn't want to change things? We all have guilt that we live with." Jay leaned forward placing a gentle kill on her forehead, "That's what brings us together. " He stood up, picking her up with him. He towered over her small frame for a moment before carrying her off to their bathroom. He cleaned her up and cleaned up the mess and himself before getting comfortable on the pallet again. He embraced her as she drifted off to a dreamless sleep and watched as his love rested her tired eyes on another night they got together. He sighed while he listened to her soft snores before he fell into a deep sleep himself. The day ahead of them was going to be a rough one.