Prologue

Running was the only option. It was getting harder to breathe, but I pushed myself to keep running. I didn't dare to look back. I felt that if I did I would get caught. I only focused on running. My hair was suddenly pulled roughly and I fell to my knees. I was flailing my arms with the hope that I might hit him but it seemed I never landed a blow anywhere. I tried screaming but my voice was drowned out by the snow. Nobody could hear me. Tears were streaming down my face. I stopped fighting realizing I was wasting energy.

"Pl-ple-please. Please don't. We..we...we d-did-didn't do it. D-do-don't h-hur-hurt...hurt m-m-me." I cried and hiccuped while pleading.

"I don't care if you did it or not. I want you gone since you witnessed what I did." A sharp pain hit me at my back. I let out such a loud yell that my voice cracked. He pulled out the object from my back and it hurt ten times more than last time. Since my voice cracked I couldn't scream anymore, but that doesn't mean I didn't try. When I tried pleading him again, I noticed that nothing came out. My voice was gone and I felt myself disappearing with it. The only hope I had was that somebody might find us. As if on queue, I heard dogs barking and a frustrated mumble from my attacker. Everything else just went black after that.