Castle on 23rd Street

"Liz, let me stay here with you please." I sigh, plopping down onto my bed in my emptying room. I look up to see Liz sitting on the edge of the bed giggling at me.

    "Oh come on Izzy. You are only moving across town. Plus you'll be closer to Connor." She winks at me with her light green eyes.

    I roll my ocean blue eyes at her causing her to laugh at me. "Still Liz, the house is ancient." I whine and lean back staring at the ceiling.

    I look up at her noticing she is sitting there on her phone ignoring me. "Liz! You're not supposed to ignore your best friend while they complain!" She starts laughing causing me to shoot her a glare but then start laughing at how ridiculous I sound.

"I should probably head home," Liz says walking to the door.

    "See you later." I smile looking up at her. She nods and heads out the door. Shortly after I hear my step mom call me from downstairs.

    "Izellah, can you come down here?" She yells from the kitchen. I roll my eyes setting my phone down and walk downstairs.

    "What Stephanie?" I ask annoyed as I come down the stairs.

    "Izellah watch your tone," my dad yells at me without looking up from the box he is packing up. I just roll my eyes which earns me a glare from Stephanie.

    "Is everything in your room packed up and ready to go? The movers are coming today," Stephanie says as she bends down helping my father with packing up the final dishes that are in the kitchen.

    "They aren't supposed to come till tomorrow!" I groan, frustrated. I glare at my dad and Stephanie.

    "Izellah do not raise your voice and go finish packing," my father yells, giving me a cold stare.

    I scoff and rush up the stairs slamming the door behind me. I lock it and plop onto my bed hiding my face in my pillow. I scream into the pillow muffling the sound. Tears drip down my face and soak into my pillow cases.

    About an hour later, there's a knock at the door. "Izzy?" I hear my father. I just roll over in my bed not wanting to let him in.

            "Go away," I grumble out as I wipe my eyes from the dried tears.

            "Izzy please let me in. I'm sorry for yelling." I sigh, getting up, opening the door for him.

            "Dad I don't want to move. I like this house," I whine looking down at my lap after I sat back down on my bed.

            "Izzy come on. You'll have a bigger room and it's not even far from here," he says sitting on the edge of my bed. I look up at my dad. I don't even look like him at all. He has dark brown eyes and light brown hair and my eyes are as blue as the ocean and my hair is as black as the night sky.

"Now come on the movers are here." He gives me his hand and pulls me off the bed. I grab a box and so does my dad and we bring them down to the truck.

            After about an hour we have everything in the truck and we all get into dad's car and head to our new home.

We drive up to the house and I look at the sad excuse of a house that's in front of me. It's got faded red brick covering the outside. Three large white columns that stretch from the ground to the roof that look like they are about to crumble to the ground. In between the columns is a white fence making a patio and balcony. The house is a total of two stories plus an attic and a look out room on the top.

    "Why did we have to move here? Our other house was nicer!" I yell out frustrated.

    "Because we wanted to move. Now stop complaining and go pick out your room," he says without looking at me.