Setting Up

Jace had a smile on his face as he bound his way into work with a huge smile. He had was having a good day. He has passed his English test, if was Friday, he didn't have homework, he got out of school early for a doctor's appointment, and he had manage to get the number of a cute girl. There was nothing that could ruin his good mood.  He worked as a cashier at a coffee shop. As soon as he walked in the door he confronted by his boss. Jace panicked for minuet trying to think if he had done anything wrong. 

"Jace, I have a surprise for you!" His boss had his fake smile on. 

Jace sighed inwardly. This was never good. "And what might that be?" He answer reflecting the same fake energy. 

"We have a new employee I would like for you to train."

Jace wanted to walk out right then and there. His good day was just ruined. "I think I can do that for you." 

Jace was the best at his job, so he always trained the newbies, but that didn't make it any better. Most of them were idiotic high school students. Him and his boss started to walk towards the back room. As soon as he walked in he noticed the new employee. He appeared to be a bit younger then Jace himself. Perhaps 17? Regardless he approached the boy and made quick small notes about him. He had ear length sandy-blond hair, green eyes, and a scar on the left side of his neck. The other boy stepped forward and stuck his hand out. 

"Hello, my name is Noah." He stated with a monotone voice, but yet energetic eyes. Jace kept his fake energy up while he smiled back and shook his hand. 

"I'm Jace." He was looking the other boy up and down. He was thin, but had muscle definition to his arms.  

Jace showed Noah the ropes for the work place, but he immediately took to job very well. It seemed that as soon as they got an order it was done in record time. There was only one time where he slipped up. They have a large group of people come in and order specialty drinks. That was the moment when Noah took control of the register, and Jace started working the machines. The boring voice Noah had in the back was now gone, and was now replace by a playful and energetic voice. In fact the other boy's whole posture had changed. 

At the end of the night the two started to talk. Noah had just moved into town, and would be starting attend his school starting next week. He lived with his uncle in the cabin in the woods, and he had just gotten settled down. They got to known each other, and the more they talked Jace realized that Noah was actually quite intelligent. Almost as if he was wiser then his age let on. Jace left work with a smile. Whet he thought would ruin his day had actually made it better.