"A new day began."

"A new day began," I whispered to myself while looking in the mirror.

My face, pale and weary was itchy from the constant cold temperatures. 

Snow fell outside in clumps. The first day I was here it looked magical, now it's just annoying. A brutal sun showed outside, enough to blind me if I went outside, but that wouldn't happen.

How to get out? I had asked this question a thousand times, but I never had an answer.

Everything in this godforsaken house, no it's really a prison, was automatic and there was no way to leave.

The beeping from the kitchen reminded me to get my food. Pre-portioned and bland, it kept me alive but just barely. I think there are pills mixed into it, but I don't care enough to check. They warned me that if I disobey the house, that it'll tranq me. I also don't care enough to check if that was a lie.

The windows to outside are so small and incredibly thick. The walls are made of a cold metal, the ceilings too.

Though the floor is a nice carpet, so I guess it's the thought that counts. I have no one or thing to talk to. I'm taking part in an experiment. Seeing how long I can survive without interactions, and if I'll go crazy. I feel pretty damn crazy but I don't know anything anymore.

I'm allowed to draw. That's it. I'm not supposed to write, though I've forgotten by now. Nothing in this house has words. Just sounds and lights that beep and flash at me. 

I've gotten better at drawing, but I don't focus on getting better just at drawing what I want. Piles of paper are on my desk. 

I don't try to resist. I know that I'll die someday. Whether it's in here or out there, I don't care. The only thing to do is to follow my commands. Maybe I'll get out. Maybe someday I'll see something other than bright snow.

A new day has begun.