♦ Author's Notes ~ (**With Fun Free Game Included Inside!) ♦

Hola mi Lunaticas,

Greetings and salutations, so le
t me start by thanking you in advance for taking the time to check out "The Jackal's Girls". I seriously appreciate the time and effort it takes to start reading a strange new story.

As usual, I like to give readers a little heads-up of what you getting into before you just jump into a story. This particular tale is about a boy named Jack, from a broken Irish-American family of criminals. Dealing with some somewhat serious issues, although not the stereotypically Irish issues of alcoholism or addiction. Rather Jack is faced with the harsh realities and difficult choices that come with a hard-knock life and the ties that bind you to the family you were born into.

As Tolstoy's Anna Karenina is so often quoted: "All happy families are alike; each unhappy family is unhappy in its own way."  True to form, the Killian Crime Family are not exactly the happiest bunch of clowns the criminal circus has ever seen. Jack himself is trying to be and become something that no one in his family has ever been in recent memory ...a good guy.

So while the story is set around that strange and violent world of traditional Irish crime, at its heart it is a coming-of-age story of sorts. That rare twilight time, in between being who we were born to be, and trying to become better than those that raised us. And all the hard choices we are forced to make, that define us as the people we ultimately become, right or wrong.

Warning: this book contains strong language (which might be unsuitable for children), unusual humor (which may be unsuitable for adults), and unprofessional psychological advice (which may be unsuitable for liberal-arts majors). So consider yourself cautioned against letting children under the influence read or think unattended.

TV-14 - The following work may contain material that some parental units could possibly find unsuitable for children under 14 years of age.

D - Suggestive dialogue (Most defiantly)

L - Coarse language (Oh yeah, including but not limited to A, B, D, F, H, S and as always... the Z word.)

S - Sexual content (Some but not until way later and kind of fade to black really.)

V - Sociopathic insanity and definitely some violence. (So yes, but nothing too trigger warning worthy.)

So consider yourself cautioned against letting children under the age of 14 think unattended.

Please be forewarned that this story has some sexual subject matter that may not be suitable for certain readers. The language is at times criminal, crude, rude, base, profane, sexist, sexual ...and pretty much every other adjective you can come up with to say "lots and lots of F'bombs falling everywhere for no other reason than just because." But the language is not intended to shock, offend or alienate. Rather to give a particular flavor and tone of voice to the very strange and peculiar mindset that is an Irish crime family. So while I cannot stress this enough: If you moderately to easily offended by people cursing up a storm as they deal with serious life issues ...then this book might not be for you. 

#1 ~ You know someone who's child's first word was F*ck ...and it was soooo cute! ~ (Taken from the "You might be Irish if..." list.)

So with that being said, if you dare to venture past this dire warning, that's on you and I really don't want to hear about it. I sincerely hope that you enjoy reading The Jackal's Girls as much as I enjoy writing it. I also hope you take something away from this book, other than a few new curse words and ancient Celtic art of flyting with your friends?

Also please allow me to apologize in advance for any spelling errors, grammatical errors and/or unintentional incongruities. Please feel free to point any suck* occurrences out in the comments, private messages or smoke signals, and I will thank you for your kind assistance in helping me make this a better story. With that being said, the following is a work in progress that will probably undergo periodical, if not serial editing changes. So thank you for your patience in advance for any unintentional errors or cascading updates. Also, I feel that I should probably point out, if you are not familiar with my work, you should know that I will absolutely invent words from time to time as I feel the need for them.

*** And finally back by request ... The Grammar Game is alive and well! A fun game for the whole family to enjoy!***

So for those inclined to play, I have intentionally included at least one misspelled word and one correctly spelled word, misused in the above*. Find all the words and your prize is one free read and possibly a Gold Star on a chapter of your own choice. (**Excluding Princess Pony vs. BTS Broney Rapey FanFiction crossovers ...because some things are just plain wrong!) So in the course of reading this story, should you happen to come upon anything that you feel is an editing error? Please feel free to point that out, and receive one free bonus Gold Star for every suck occurrence you can find. 

Thanks again for reading and please Stay Crazy Cool,

Setting_Sun (Darrendean1) 

Copyright © 2018 by Setting_Sun

All rights reserved. No part of this publication (The Jackal's Girls) may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the publisher, except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law. All people named within this work are sorta fictional, and any relation to real people is purely malicious.

Oh yeah, and one last thing? If you are thinking that it would be cool try to steal my work ...DO NOT! Or some very very bad things will happen to you and yours. So while I do not personally practice the dark arts any longer, I still know plenty of people who do. Who would love nothing more than to hunt you down like a clown, and do some very crazy things to you and yours. Including but not limited to: Voodoo, piracy, character assassination, and last but not least outright Mayhem.

So in the immortal words of Zero Cool: "F*ck with the best ...die like the rest!"