Prologue: Milo

No.

I grunted to myself. I hate Mondays. Who doesn't? Whoever decided that weekends were just made up of two days? More importantly, which idiot decided to start the week on Mondays?

I wouldn't get the answers to those questions. Those are thoughts we all would have when our brains are still coming into terms that we are about to face another five days of hell at work.

I have never loved my job. But, I needed it. It was the fastest way to make money. And, in a place like Seoul, you need money fast. In fact, my course in college was dictated by this society's need for fast money. Taking up Business Management was not at the top of my list. Everyone else was studying it. That means when we graduate, the competition for an entry-level position in even small companies would be one versus 500.

There's even a faster way to make money. But, I wasn't okay working as a delivery boy for a fried chicken shop so that is out of the list.

For the record, I worked hard to get the job I currently have. I didn't have connections. This was pure skills (not that I'm boasting). It may sound like I'm being ungrateful but getting a job in Seoul wasn't supposed to be a privilege. The competition was tight and that is the hard reality.

The only thing that saves me from this demise is my seven-year-old DSLR camera. I wouldn't call myself a photographer because I'm not professionally one. It's more of like a hobby. Again, even if I did pursue being a professional photography, I wouldn't be able to sustain my daily needs because there is no way I'd get clients every single day who wants their photos to look like they are worthy to be printed on magazines.

So, photography was more of like an escape. Through the photos I take, I get to know the world. I interpret my photos to build a world that I dreamed of. I take separate photos and build a world I don't want to be in.

By now, you would have figured out that I'm a loner. Well, I am a loner. I have acquaintances: people I know from work, a few batchmates in college, neighbors, and the vendors along the line of street food I pass by every time I go home. But, I never have had someone I can call and just talk about trivial things. I never had someone call me to listen to their heartbreak stories. I never had someone take me to weird places around the city. I never had someone I had to rush to bail out of the police station.

I never knew that the things that would happen in the next few months would change all that.

Nevertheless, I got up from my bed and did my morning routine. I needed to pay rent so I have to go to work.

===============================================================================

A/N:

Soooo, I kind of like ditched my part-time job as a freelance writer but I really did not want to give up writing. I'm trying to get my a** up and actually finish a damn story. I've been in and out of Wattpad and I guess I just lost all will to try back in the days.

But, now that I've got some free time, I want to commit to writing. And because I'm still adjusting, I'm going to publish chapters for this story on a schedule. Ideally, there will be one chapter every weekend. That's Saturday or Sunday. I am going to slap myself in order to follow that schedule. And if I'm feeling lucky, there might be some uploads within the week too.

So, I'm really asking for your support, guys. Help me. Motivating myself is a lot of work and I need you to sprinkle me some of those encouraging words. Give me ideas! I like to write freely and consider other ideas too.

What did you think of the prologue? Did you feel like you got a grasp of who our main guy is? What are your predictions as to how the story will go? I know the prologue doesn't say much but I'd love some conversations with you.

I'll be waiting for your comments! <3