My Broher's Best Friend

"Finn!! Come on!!" My dad's voice boomed down the hallway as we finally finished packing. It's weird that instead of my step-mom and Tucker moving in with me and my dad, we're moving in with them. She has a better house and they live in a better neighbor. A less homophobic one.

"Right here, Dad." We loaded the last things in my truck.

"Don't forget. Just take I-40..."

"Till exit 369. Turn left on Spenser. Drive down Spencer till Halloway. Turn right on Halloway. Drive like seven or eight miles. Then take a left on Sheffield. Drive down five blocks. Third house down from Romans Road. Big ginormous blue mansion. I don't think I can miss it. Plus, the direction are in my phone." I laughed at my dad as he gave me an astonished look.

"Alright, son. I have to stop at Steve's Garage to get my last supplies and say good bye to the boys. I'll be like an hour or two behind you." I nodded my head in agreement as we jumped into our separate trucks. His red Ford and my bright green Dodge. I pulled out first and sped of to the interstate. I loved being seventeen. I was gonna go to my last to years of high school with Tucker, then follow him to college. I was already pretty close to Tucker. He's just a couple months older than me. We get along perfectly. We are both star football players and we both love pop and rock music. Boyfriend blared in my speakers as I passed exit 10a. This was going to be a long drive. Like six or seven hours. Going from Missouri to Kentucky wasn't the greatest.

If I was your boyfriend I'd never let you go

I could take you places you isn't never been before

Baby take a chance or you'll never ever know

I got money in my hands that I'd really like to blow

Swag, swag, swag on you

Chilin' by the fire while we eaten' fondue

I don't know about me, but I know about you

So say hello to falsetto in 3, 2, swag

I sang along with the song and then it changed to other artists like Usher, Sean Kingston, Ludicrous, Justin Bieber and One Direction. Quite a small variety. This was my traveling music.

I stopped quickly at the border between the states. I got something to drink and used the bathroom real quickly. I filled my truck up with gas and left. Next stop: Louisville, Kentucky. This was gonna be so much fun. I've been there before but I am still gonna miss Branson. That place was purely focused on music and I loved it. But there were a bunch a people that didn't like me because of what I was like. I didn't really care. I was gonna miss Six and Dino though. Best. Musicians. Ever. Dino was a phenomenal pianist and Six was an acapella group. They could imitate different interments perfectly. I worked backstage for them for three years. Barry's son was my best friend.

Exit 369. Spenser Ave. I quickly took the off ramp and followed the streets. Spenser. Halloway. Sheffield. Romans Road. Big blue house. I pulled into the long drive way. All the houses in this neighborhood were large and ridiculous. People here were rich. I lived in a country house on the back street of Branson. Whenever I wasn't working for Six, I was dirt biking, missing, or playing tackle football with the team. My football team weren't homophobes. Their parents were. I quit after freshman year. I went to all the games sophomore year and I was the loudest in the crowd. I didn't care. Those guys were my best friends. I was old for a sophomore. Sixteen. I transferred schools in the middle of middle school. My credits didn't transfer perfectly, so I had to re-do seventh grade. I was a blasted A student. I had perfect grades all year.

"Finn!"

"Tucker!" I ran over to my new brother and gave him a hug. We were the same age, but he was a grade higher than me. Stupid middle school. "I've missed you, man!!" I followed him inside and gave Ellie a hug. I loved my new mom. She practically encouraged me to be the way I was. I totally supported me.