Santa's Vacation

“Finally,” Santa exclaimed out of breath, “Vacation begins!"

He stood holding a banana smoothie and collapsed on the sand. He then began to feel a queasy feeling in his stomach and turned over and puked all of the banana smoothie he had drank over and over again for five minutes.

“Oh my god, now I know why I use a sleigh instead of rowing a boat across the oceans,” he said wiping puke of his mouth, his face beaded with sweat, “I need to exercise more.”

He got up slowly and went over to his canoe and pulled it on the shore before it was pulled into the ocean.

“This place looks amazing,” he said in awe.

In front of him stood tall, green, lush palm trees with coconuts. There were tropical birds flying overhead with vivid feathers. The sand felt like snow except warm. He put his hand in his pocket and pulled out his GPS. He looked at it to see where he was.

“WHAT,” he shouted shaking his GPS, “WHERE AM I?!”

He shook his GPS for twenty seconds and looked at it. He sighed in exasperation. The GPS was saying that he wasn’t on the map.

“That’s impossible,” he thought, “I’ve never been off of Earth ever.”

He was hungry and walked to one of the palm trees and looked more closely at the coconuts as he suspected there was something strange. He saw tiny golden specks on it. Then as he reached out to touch it, it started getting brighter and brighter until it exploded.

Once everything was normal again, he opened his eyes and saw a man standing in front of him observing him like an experiment. They introduced themselves to each other and became best friends. He learned that the man’s name was Montreal and was a shapeshifter. He had been very lonely and had been there for as long as he could remember. Montreal told him that he was light years away from Earth and that he had no idea how Santa ended up there. He decided that he would stay with Montreal till the end because he did not want to leave his new friend. There was no more Christmas after that though since he never went back.

THE END