15 || Cogman

Jimmy, one of Cade's friends from the junkyard, chose to run out of hiding with his backpack. "That plan went to sh*t!" He called out to Cade, meeting, Y/n, and Iza by an abandoned gas station. "That's the only plan you got?"

Next, the humans hid behind a few  gas tanks so they would be hidden from the TRF. Y/n caught her breath and looks at the sky, seeing a few drones that looked like miniature Star Wars ships. She panicked quietly. "Get down! Get down!"

"What are those?" Jimmy asked.

"TRF." Cade replied. "Come on, we gotta get inside. Run!" He directs the two girls and the frantic young man across the street to find shelter.

While Y/n and her friends took cover, Bumblebee is taking care of business in a public carport. He found one of Megatron's Decepticons, Mohawk, the little green morcycle with an obnoxious voice, attitude, and ridiculous mohawk. "Yo, Meg! M-tron! Come on, am I the only one here?" When he turned around, Bee quickly came around a pillar and instantly fired at the Con to cause the pieces of the enemy bike to fly into metal shards. As soon as his body became slivers of debris, the Con's head rolled. "Awe, this ain't right." Mohawk's decapitated head said, skidding along to ground and shuts down permanently.

****

Y/n followed Cade, Jimmy, and Izabella up a staircase of an old building where shattered windows gave them the sight to see outside. They saw the TRF drones scouting the perimeter carefully. "We're safe in here." Y/n said.

"There's always one in charge. Just like back in Chicago, like a mother." Iza blurts.

The TRF devices somehow found the runaways and began to fire at each old window. Y/n ducked and guards herself with a broken lampstand. Cade bursts his energy to push Iza Y/n ahead of him so they can get away from TRF. Yeager did whatever he could by firing rounds from his alien gun at the enemy and managed to take down a few. "Hurry!" He yelled, running behind the girls and Jimmy. "Hide in that room!" He points out.

Y/n slammed the door shut as soon as everyone was secured. She peeks through a wall with a hole broken into it and sees the drones searching for the four humans. She shook in her shoes and hoped they wouldn't start firing their weapons again.

Jimmy's big mouth didn't shut up. His voice got the drones to fire through the walls once again. The four humans duck and make another run for it to find a much safer space. The bullets just don't stop coming and punctured almost everything in the room they hid in.

Y/n took her chance to be a small hero and attack the TRF device with her dusty lampstand, stabbing the machine to stop its harassment. She was able to break this once completely, but there is another.

This time, TRF used a face recognition feature so the drone would fire automatically when its camera saw Cade's face. Jimmy took the initiative and stood in front of the machine to protect his friend. Y/n yelled at him, saying it was a bad idea. "You're stupid! That isn't gonna work!!" The TRF clacks one of its guns, fires at Jimmy, sending him through a bedroom wall. Wood and other debris fell on top of him as Cade quickly came to his aid with Y/n. "Are you okay?" She exclaimed.

Jimmy hyperventilates erratically and dramatically. "Cade, I just wanna say I love you, man. Y/n, you're a cool girl, and so are you, Iza..." He whimpered while holding his chest, believing he had been a victim of a bullet.

"What?" Y/n said, narrowing her eyes at his words.

"This job was not what I thought, but I appreciate everything." Jimmy panted, still believing he had been shot.

Cade rolled his eyes at Jimmy's little drama episode. "What are you doing?"

"Dying!" Jimmy raised his voice.