A Mysterious Missing Case

Ella had just woken up, just in time to go to school. She got up and got dressed for the day, while she walked downstairs to leave she heard her mom yell "Sweety, remember to pick up the amulet for Theodosia, today after school!" Right, Mrs.Thornkeep's  best friend Theodosia was going to get married soon, and Mrs.Thornkeep was too busy today to go, so she sent her daughter to pick it up. "I know, I will!" Ella shouted while walking out the door. When Ella reached the bus stop, she encountered her best friend, Melody. Melody had been Ella's friend since 5th grade, that was a while back considering they were both juniors in high school. "Did you see the paper today?" Melody asked Ella, while stepping closer to her. "No, what happened?" Ella responded in a question. "There was three missing people this week, but they all bought a watch as their last purchase, you know what that means." Melody answered. "They got taken by the government."  The two girls said in unison. Melody had always been into conspiracy theories, and Ella always got a new one every couple of weeks, and occasionally the same she had heard. The bus finally arived. "Why do you asume everything has a mystery behind it?" Ella asked while walking inside the bus. "Because it does, nothing has a simple answer." The other girl responded following Ella inside.