Battle The Night Book 1

Prologue

Three minutes... Three minutes, you wouldn't think that three minutes would take a long time to pass. But god, it seems like forever. This is just going to be fine. It's all in your head... You're only 17 you are graduating, it's a stressful time that is why you haven't had your period you are just taking this just so you can calm down and not have to worry about this being a thing. Think about graduation today that should kill sometime. Bryan is coming with Ricky, Mama and Daddy are going to be there and I can't wait to see what they got me for graduation. We have a big party tonight that Bryan is playing at. I'm going to a college this on only 25 minutes away so it will be super easy for Bryan and I to see each other. I look at my watch... 30 seconds. I wonder if i am getting that new camera.

Okay, look at it Jamie... remember don't freak out it's probably negative. I pick up the flimsy plastic rectangle I take a deep and look at it... One two.. two lines! Two lines that is not good, oh my god, oh my god! I look at myself in the mirror.

Look at you Jamie, your auburn hair just thrown on the top of your head, there is freckles all over your face, you look like a kid... and you are going to have a kid.. My size 12 jeans are not going to fit much anymore... Not that I have ever cared about my pant size. Dear god what is Bryan going to say... His band is doing really well. They have had people listen to them and like them... Daddy is going to kill him... and kill me.

Daddy being a doctor he would be like "You should have known better Jamie Rae."

"Jamie," Mama yells upstairs.

"Yes Mama?" god please don't come up here right now.

"Come on down it's time to go to the school you are going to graduate baby!" I put on some lip, and pull down my hair and run my fingers through it really quick, fake a smile and I hide the pregnancy test. Today is not the day....

The ceremony was long and boring, I'm searching for my parents, for being a small town they are hard to find. I continue to walk towards the parking lot then i hear. "Jamie!" It's my mama's voice. I turn around and I see her. She is wearing her black capri pants and a beautiful purple sweater.

Her red hair looks like fire in the sunlight, and there is Daddy standing next to her in khakis and a blue button up. His brown hair is beginning to turn gray at his temples. They are the perfect couple. Mama was an art teacher until she had me then she became the artist she always wanted to be. Daddy is a pediatric doctor, who made sure Mama could stay at home with me

I walk toward them and I see him standing next to my mama, his arm is wrapped around her shoulders. Bryan his dark brown hair held up by his sun glasses. Daddy never has said anything about Bryan's longer hair. I think it's a perfect length for a rock star and even from this distance I can see how handsome he is in his black button up and jeans.

I run into daddy's arm he picks me up in a bear hug. Even though I am 17 I don't think I could ever not love or want to be held by my dad. He kisses my forehead and then mama gets in the action and kisses both of my cheeks.

"Oh baby I'm so proud of you!" Then there he is my handsome, awesome perfect boyfriend. He pulls me into a hug and I smell his cologne the best smell in the world. at 6'3 he is really tall compared to my 5'3 stature.

" I love you!" He whispers in my ear.

"I love you too!" He deepens the hug.

"Dude don't hog her, I know she is your girl but I had her first..." I hear Ricky's voice before i see him. Ricky and I been best friends since birth. Everyone thought we ever dated anyone that he hasn't like the vice versa. I look up at Rick about 6'5 very skinny and can eat anything and not gain a pound. His blonde hair is falling into his eyes which are a deep green.