1 and only

My Mother fought off disease until she passed away. She was caring and believed in me, Ella her daughter. Her smooth brown hair turned into white. She always pulled it back into a ponytail, until she grew so weak. Her skin from soft and smooth to cracked and white. Once she was gone everything was taken away from me. My father has married a woman that promised to reestablish his shoe shining business. Never as successful as planned. She has two unreasonable daughters Cindy and Mindy. When they first came over they dressed in bright pink bows, hair in thick red ponytails, and puffed out dresses that you could see from miles away. Little did I know how much of a ruckus they are. They turned my life into a disaster.

My father goes on trips for his work and brings me back collectables. I love to collect things. From nails,screw,sewing kits and more I'm pretty artsy. Collecting things makes me feel like I have a life outside of this Attic. Stepmother has no idea that I have them. She doesn't let me own anything unless she's provided it. I live in the Attic of my childhood home that she and her daughters have taken control off. She forces all the cooking,cleaning,washing,rinsing,and ironing on me. To her I'm just a excuse of a slave. Cindy and mindy do nothing but watch me wait and confine on their every move. My life is dull and blaine doing the same thing everyday. If it wasn't for the grace of my father I probably wouldn't be living in this home.

" Cinderella" , Stepmother calls from downstairs. I step off my rigid wooden bed. The floor cracks every step I take. Step mother Cindy and Mindy call me "Cinderella" because of the cinder on my dress that I never get to wash because i'm, to busy waiting on them. I go down the attic ladder then down a flight of stairs to reach the living room, where they are waiting for me.

" Hello Stepmother , Cindy, Mindy" ,I politely curtsy as I speak.

"Why isn't breakfast made, the dishes washed and my clothes folded?", Stepmother speaks out as she makes a jester to the dining table.

" But Stepmother, It's only 8:30", I proclaim. She rolls her eyes.

" But it's only 8:30. Boohoo suck it up buttercup", Cindy mimics my voice as she shakes her hips and points her index finger. Cindy and Mindy chuckle Loudly, Loud enough that if we had neighbors they would hear them. They sit on the still couch as I head to the kitch to prepare eggs and french toast. I can hear them whispering as if i'm not near.

"Cinderella more like Cindersmella. Does she ever clean those rags of hers?", Mindy giggles to Cindy's joke. So hard that she flips over on the couch.

" Hahahaha she fell she's a roach she's a roach. Cinderella come sweep her up.", Cindy says as she points and laughs at Mindy. I put my head down as I look at the eggs that I'm mixing. I feel tears starting to fall solemnly down my face.

Suddenly I hear a chariot horse neigh as if it had been struck . I drop my egg mix onto the table.

" Where is she off to?", Mindy yells as I run out of the doorway.

" Arnold has arrived home", Stepmother states

I rush to my garden that father away used to meet me in to play hide and go seat, after he would give up trying to find me.

" Father!!", I jump into his arms . The smile on ,y face is so big that I looked stunned.

" My daughter!!" Father yells out and chuckles. Not a day has passed where I haven't thought about my father's return from the Americas. He's been away for about four weeks now. He puts me down slowly , and brushes my hair back. He grabs my hand and we walk into the house together. Stepmother is the first to acknowledge his presence.

" My dear you're home", she does not sound very satisfied with his return. She goes in for a hug.

" Hello Mr Arnold", Cindy and Mindy Resight in Harmony as the bat there eyes and curtsy. They always act so poised when father is around.