The Only Chapter

I have always had this fantasy to bring a book to a restaurant and try reading. It's not that fun as it is to imagine.
First of all, its a little weird. When you are the only person sitting alone in a place, you feel lonely. Also, people can't help staring at the weirdo grabbing "The Kite Runner". It's not just "I don't care" thing. When you feel a little lonely, you actually do.
Secondly, you can not read when there are two many shouting in a place. With the shouting of asking for customers to take their foods, couple of friends hanging out shouting about their other friends, sometimes bitching about girls, couples shouting about who looks better- it's just too much information to read a book.
SHIT I COULD HAVE BROUGHT SOME CIGARETTES! I cried in my thoughts. It feels better to smoke in a room instead of standing in the streets. I wanted to go downstairs and bring some. But I felt the need of sitting instead. You see, you don't always do everything you want. It's not that you can't. But sometimes the "Need" wins over "Want".
I walked out of that burger joint after a while. I might have stayed a little bit if there were people with me. But all I had there was a book. So I just left. I was standing in the street with a hundred bucks in my hand. I thought of smoking a cigarette. I could see a couple there. The guy was holding his girl's arms like he never wants to leave her ever. This made me remind of every girl I have loved.
I just never could keep a girl. Getting a girl is easy. It was never a problem. But keeping was the real challenge. You have to go through a lot. Just like parenting. Taking care, responsibilities- everything!
I forgot that I had been staring at them for a while. The girl said something to his man in ears. She might have thought I am a perv! They left the place.
My cigarette was over. So I started walking. After all, we all have to move on. Literally or hypothetically, we all do!