1 | Blaming The Devil

|| S H A N Z E ||

|| S H A N Z E ||

I stepped in the house of my father’s elder brother, behind my parents. It was more like a mansion not house. Believe me I didn't want to come here just because of one person. But today just for the sake of my parents I came here.

I followed my parents to the living hall where everyone was seated. Taiama and tayaabbu greeted us there on which I greeted back with a forced smile.

(Taiama means father's elder brother's wife & Tayaabbu means father's elder brother)

Actually they invited us on the dinner to discuss something important with my parents but I didn't understand why they brought me and my little sister here.

“Finally after a long time, Shanze!” Taiama said and hugged me.

Because of a devil.

I hugged her back and smile but said nothing. Rania appi came and hugged me tightly but I quickly pulled away because of her small bump.

“How are you, appi? And how is this little one?” I asked pointing at her small bump.

She hit me on my arm which made yelp and I looked at her with wide eyes. I rubbed my arm while she glared at me.

“You. Miss. Where were you? I heard you stop coming here? Can you please tell me why you stopped visiting?” She bombarded with question after question.

“Appi. Take a deep breath first. I was busy with my exams. You know how much my exams were important for me,” I explained her.

She pouted but pulled me in a warm hug. Appi took me and Mahira, my sister, in her room. She sat on her bed and opened the jar of Nutella. I and Mahira also sat on her bed and I tried to eat Nutella but she swatted my hand away.

“Sorry. No sharing. My baby is saying don't share it with anyone,” Appi said rubbing her bump and eating Nutella.

“That's unfair!” Mahira whined looking at Nutella.

Appi giggled but didn't share. Believed me this appi was now dangerous because she was pregnant.

“How was your exams?”

“Exams. What type of a question is this! You know no one know the answer of this question,” I answered her.

She giggled and poked her tongue out at me. We all talked about random stuff.

Later, half an hour later the door knocked. Mahira opened and saw a servant.

“Everyone is waiting for you all on the dinning table,” She informed us.

We all went to the dinning hall where everyone was waiting for us. We all joined them and started eating. I felt something fishy because they were talking but not like how they all used to. Dad was silent which was very rare to see because whenever dad and tayaabbu met they both started talking nonstop.