The Promise We Made (1)

"Ellie..." I whispered. She just saw the worst thing in her life... Ellie and Dana kissing.
"What?" Ellie broke from the kiss, looking to where the voice came from. "Oh my God!! (Y/N) I didn't mean-"
"It's ok, Ellie. Are you happy?" I asked, tearing up.
"I- Yes... Wait, no!" Ellie said, trying to figure out her feelings.
"It's ok Ellie. You're fine. If you're happy, i'm happy," I knew it was cliché, but it was the truth. Ellie's happiness was the only thing that kept me sane. Ellie's unhappiness was the only thing that kept me awake at night. Everday, I made sure Ellie was happy. Even on really serious missions. I've known her practically my whole life. Since the beginning at the quarantine zone, to with Joel and Tess, then just down to Joel, at Bill's, Tommy's, Ellie's near death... We've been through everything anyone could think of. "I'll be fine... And you'll be fine. We can still be friends. Just... I hate that you broke the promise we made."

       Then Ellie remembered. The promise they made when they were eleven. 
      "When we're older, we'll always be by each other. We'll always have each other's backs, and we'll love each other 'til the day we die. Ok? And maybe when we're older i'll find a ring and~" (Y/N) teased. Ellie lightly punched a shoulder.
     "Oh shut up." Ellie laughed.
      "I'm serious, buttface." (Y/N) laughed back.
     "Ooohhh, is (Y/N) in love??" Ellie teased.
     "Well, I guess you could say that~" She teases back. She walks closer to Ellie and kisses her cheek. Then starts walking away. But all of a sudden she was pulled back and turned around, being met with chapped but soft lips. She was surprised, but ended up kissing back. Ellie pulled away, smirking.
     "Welp." (Y/N) said, still in shock looking from Ellie's eyes to her lips and back to her eyes.
     "Oh no you don't, I see where you're looking. You won't get another kiss 'til later." Ellie winked, walking infront of her.
     "Oh no YOU don't! Get back here, Williams!"
     "Never, (Y/L/N)!"
       (Y/N) tackled Ellie to the ground and tickled her. After a couple minutes of Ellie's adorable laugh, (Y/N) leant down and kissed all over her face then a quick, passionate kiss to her lips.
     "Ahhh, you win." Ellie said in defeat.
     "Great! Now let's get going." (Y/N) smiled and got up.

'What have I done?...' Ellie thought to herself.
     "See you around, Ellie." I said walking away.

    It's been days since I had been near Ellie. I have no intention on seeing Ellie after what happened. I still loved her and couldn't bare to go through the pain. Every time I would see Ellie, she'd be with Dina, and they'd be so happy... Usually Ellie's happiness would bring me happiness but.... I loved Ellie, and hate to see her with someone else. After a while, I got fed up with it and went to go find my old friend Violet.

**If you know TWDG, it's the Violet from that.**
(Hope you all liked this! I'm making a new book, along side editing this one, so there'll be a lot going on, so sorry for delays! Requests are always welcome! Part 2 coming soon. I think choosing Ellie for a character to write about was a good choice, because Ellie's a great character who is also apart of why The Last Of Us is my favorite game. Hope you all enjoyed!)