A Night to Forget

I walked around the neighbourhood aimlessly, watching all the kids starting to go home with their bags full of candy. I could see lights turning off from house to house. Yet I was still outside, wishing I could forget everything that had happened that night. It was Halloween, and one of my closest friends Logan was hosting a party at his house while his parents were away. I decided to go because I had nothing else planned that night. As I was walking to Logan's house, I met up with some of the boys and we all walked together to the party.

"Hey Josh, did I tell you what happened?" Damion said, one of my closest friends.

"No, you didn't tell me anything." I replied.

"Now a days, it is not safe to talk to any random shordy. Andrew was flirting with this one girl at the CNE and she led him to a parking lot where he got jumped and robbed."

"What! Really? That is the first time I ever heard of a girl setting up someone." I said surprised.

"Well apparently it's a new trend in Toronto." Damion said.

"Well, only Andrew would be dumb enough to let a shordy do that to him, I would never fall for that trick." I said with confidence.

When we walked in, we were immediately greeted by Logan, clearly drunk out of his mind, staggering around and struggling to stand straight up as he talked.

"Jheez, took you guys long enough to get here," Logan says while swaying left to right.

Logan points to the kitchen,

"Well, at least you guys showed up, go get a drink, there right over there."

I go to the kitchen to go take a shot, and right out the corner of my eye, I see Nicole. Nicole and I had a short relationship that ended with her admitting to cheating on me with more than nine other guys. Logan bursts out of nowhere and introduces Nicole and I to each other.

"Hey Nicole, have you met Josh? He's a sweetie pie."

I knew for damn sure he knew what happened between Nicole and I, but I guess he couldn't think straight. As soon as Logan said that, I immediately left to go find the boys. While walking down the hall, I noticed that there were people that went to Churchdale, a high school located not too far from ours. For a second, I was wondering, how come they're here? Who invited them? How did they know about this party? But all that went out of my head when I saw her.

Chapter 2

She was the definition of perfection in my eyes. She had nice long curly hair, beautiful hazel eyes, and a smile I could stare at for days. I couldn't miss this opportunity. I needed her in my life. So, I casually walked up to her and started spitting game.

"Yeo shordy, what are you saying," I said in a Toronto hood man accent.

"Uhhh, who do you think you are," She said.

"Sorry I uhh... I just wanted to tell you that I thought you were...uhh...one of the prettiest girls I have ever seen." I told her nervously.

"Oh my god, thank you, you are so sweet compared to other guys now a days. My name is Madison." She said while blushing.

'Thanks, sorry about that earlier, I didn't know what took over me. My name is Josh."

We ended up talking for a bit, then she wrote down her number and went back to her group of friends. Upon meeting up with my friends, I remember over exaggerating on how I got Madison's phone number.