Insecurities

Haise wasn't sure how to feel about the situation he'd been placed in. It seemed so wrong to be the one to convince someone into mutating their body in the name of protecting others and dedicating themselves to the CCG- especially when that person was still in the midst of recovering.

He clenched his jaw as his eyebrows knitted in scepticism, reading over the file that had been thrown in front of him for the umpteenth time. Haise couldn't help but linger over the words, 'fatal wound' and, 'opportunity'. He had met some lovely people at the CCG but also knew how corrupted the service was at its core with higher-ups even torturing some ghouls in pure frustration and revealing some moments of weakness in Sasaki's eyes as they did so.

Y/N L/N, a young second class investigator who was taken under the wing by many competent high-class investigators to strengthen her promising abilities. What Haise noticed the most about her file was that although her rank was low it seemed that she was worthy enough to move up to first class, however, before this could happen she was involved with the Aogiri Tree raid in the 11th ward. Y/N has sustained life-threatening injuries whilst fighting against multiple ghouls and had still not recovered from them. Her ribs were crushed completely on one side and punctured her lungs, she had also gotten a severe head injury which lead to a concussion that she had trouble recovering from: she got anxiety attacks when surrounded by other people after that and had trouble speaking without stuttering, it seemed difficult for her to even finish some measly paperwork, therefore she was deemed as useless.

A report had stated that it was a shame that Y/N could not return to the field- this seemed kind at first- and that losing such a vital investigator was a shame. It later stated that they were discussing entering her into the Quinx program as she could most likely recover due to RC cells and also become stronger and have more meaning.

Haise shook his head and got up from his desk, preparing to make a short journey on foot to a small, run-down apartment complex to fulfil his task. Although he didn't feel right about doing this an order was still an order that he needed to carry out without the hesitation that loomed in his mind like dark clouds. Soon he was out the door with an umbrella held up in one hand and his case in the other as heavy rain bellowed off of the black material shielding him- he thought that the rain was appropriate.

When he made it to his destination, Sasaki looked at the metal door which rusted around the sides and top, he etched on a face of determination and knocked on the door. He wasn't allowed to go back to the offices if he couldn't get in contact with Y/N, that's what Arima had told him as his glasses glinted with an amused bob of the head. He waited for ten minutes there, constantly knocking in between intervals and trying to keep his volition in check so he wouldn't storm away in dismay.

A gasp was audible behind him paired with the crinkle of a plastic bag as a bottle of unopened water rolled to his heel. Haise instantaneously pivoted and picked up the beverage, looking joyously at the figure in front of him although the feeling was certainly not reciprocated. "Ah! Y/n L/n correct? I'm glad to have finally seen you, you see, I've been sent-"

He started to explain his sudden appearance until his eyes laid upon the shaking girl who was not a match to her files description. Someone who was apparently cheerful and strong-willed was seen quivering in front of him, a look of horror seemed permanently sewn into her face as she kept glancing to the door behind Haise as if she was thinking how to make a dash inside.