Regrets

Slater, Deniesse and Tin.

 Slater, hinahabol ng mga girls sa university. 

Deniesse, one of those popular girls. Cheerleader, sexy, and stylish. 

Tin, just one of those plain and average girls .

Deniesse and Tin were both into Slater. Deniesse didn't have to do anything to attract Slater, for she was already attractive enough. Tin on the other hand, was always nice and kind to Slater. Tin wasn't ugly at all. In fact, she has the most angelic face you'll ever seen, she looked sweet and pleasant may pagka-manang nga lang ang pananamit.

So like everyone expected, Slater chose Deniesse. While Deniesse was labeled as the cool and attractive type, Tin was just one ordinary and plain girl. 

Slater always insulted Tin. He was always telling her what a 'Plain Jane' she was and how dumb she looked. It made Tin felt hurt and useless. Despite Slater's insults, Tin never gave up. She wanted to prove something to Slater. She wanted to prove that looks aren't everything. She studied hard, really hard. She became the top girl in her school and all the guys who once ignored her, went after her.

Sa kabila ng lahat, she never forgot Slater and her towards him. Everyday, she put a pink note in Slater's locker with the same words.

'I care for you, and I always will.' 

Soon, Slater began to realize kung gano sya katanga when he saw his beloved girlfriend Deniesse flirting with other guys. He regretted choosing the wrong girl.

Nakipag-break si Deniesse kay Slater, because she had found a wealthier guy. Slater felt cheated, stupid and dumb. 

One day, Slater realized one thing. Pinuntahan niya si Tin. He smiled, and said,

 "Tin, please forgive me. I know I've been a jerk. I want to make it up to you, would you be my girl?" 

Tin rejected him, na ikinagulat ng lahat. She only said these words.

 "You've suffered a great loss, so I don't want you to face another one"

 Slater felt disappointed. He didn't understand a word that she said to him.

However, they became good friends and did everything together. Slater began to change into someone better because Tin gave him with the love he had never experienced before. His ex-girlfriends had never treated him that way as they just accepted him for his looks. In comparison, Tin accepted him for who he is and changed him to become a better person. Tin continued putting a pink note into his locker everyday with the same words. She never forgot.

One day, hindi pumasok si Tin sa school. She didn't come for a week. At first, Slater thought that she was on a vacation with her family dahil nabanggit ni Tin sa kanya na pupunta ito Spain kasama ang pamilya nito. He thought nothing about it until he received a call from a hospital. They told him Tin was dying. She had been suffering from cancer but Tin told them not to tell him, because she didn't want Slater to worry about her.

Now that she was about to die, she wanted to see Slater for the last time. Slater rushed to the hospital immediately. When he saw how weak Tin was, tears fall down his cheeks. 

He whispered,

 "Why didn't you tell me earlier? Bakit mo itinago sakin?"

She looked at him and smiled weakly.

"Nung sinabi ko sayo na I don't want you to suffer from facing another loss, I meant this. I didn't want to tell you dahil ayokong mag-alala ka. I wanted to spend my last days with you cheerfully." 

Slater looked at her.

"You can't leave me!" he said, "Pano na 'ko kung wala ka?"

"You'll be who you are now. I will always be there by your side. Never forget that. Live and cherish life happily. And one more thing,” she paused.

 "What is it?" 

 "I love you."

And she died. Slater screamed. He still couldn't accept Tin's death. He had only spent three months with Tin. Three short month was enough for Tin to change his life in a way that no one could ever explain.

Slater had many regrets but he knew that Tin would always be keeping an eye on him from Heaven.

 His angel, Tin... :(

………….Sometimes, we just don't appreciate those people who really care for us until they leave us or until we lose them. Then, it would be too late for regrets. It's better to tell someone how much you love them now, rather than to not tell them and lose them without telling them.

Love is when we fight till the very last minute just to show and tell someone how much we love them, to live life without regret. 

                                                                                     <3 <3 <3