The Oracoati

Common Name: Snake-faced Weasel

Height: 18 in / 45.72 cm fully grown

Habitat: The Oracoati has the unique ability to adapt to pretty much any environment though they are commonly found in attics or in holes in the ground hunting for mice.

Diet: They mainly eat smaller rodents but will also go after fish or birds

Magical Properties: The Oracoati's horns when ground down can be used for regenerative potions. They have the ability to squeeze in and out of pretty much anything, much like the Niffler, due to the nature of their skin and fur. Oracoati skin shed, when mixed with their saliva create an excellent salve for burns.

Facts:

Many wizards hunted Oracoati close to extinction for their fur. Oracoati were captured for their usefulness in sneaking into buildings and vaults. The wizarding government eventually banned the hunting of Oracoati. 

 The Oracoati have retractable claws and their bite can be quite nasty and prone to infection if not treated quickly. They can unhinge their jaw much like a snake to swallow prey whole. A sensitive nose and ears allow the Oracoati to hunt well even in the dark. Oracoati form strong bonds and can be quite vicious when threatened. They have a tough scale like plating along their bellies that they must shed much like snakes.

Oracoati have special air sack between their lungs that releases a freezing gas with minor paralyzing properties, they coat their throats in a special mucus to safely use the breath.

Oracoati live in small groups that roost in trees or sometimes in burrows on the ground. Only the males of the species have wings and are most commonly single bland colors, the females lack wings and have a variety of coat colors and patterns. Oracoati hatch from multicolored eggs many people collect though they have no real value.

Oracoati have a complicated language consisting of clicks, whistles, hisses and growls. Though no one has yet to deciphered it, the language has a structure similar to Parseltongue.