Entry 1

Ever heard someone be called 'Ana Banana?' That's me. Literally. My parents somehow found Banana to be a good name, so that's who I am. I am not even kidding. This is real.

How would you feel if you were named Banana? Not very good. I don't. When I was little, it was a cool thing to be named Banana. Everyone wanted to be my friend, if only for the purpose to go home and tell their parents that they had a friend named Banana.

Now that I'm in high school, being named Banana is no help to my social life. It's actually a turn-off. No one wants to be associated with the girl named Banana.

Sometimes, when I have bored, free time, I reflect on why the hell my parents found it necessary to name me Banana. Maybe, they were trying to follow the trend of naming their kids after an item...like Star, April, Flower. If so, they failed miserably. The best excuse I have come up with so far, is simply that they were drunk. Or high. Why else would someone name their child Banana?

Strike that- if I was a boy, it would make a little bit more sense. Every boy has his own banana, why not name them after it? Like, naming someone after their most prized possession.

Oops. Should I have said that? Probably not. But I have already made a rule that I can't erase anything in my dairy after it is written. You'll forgive me, won't you? You wouldn't hold that against me, would you?

At least I got good genes. That makes up for the popularity loss with my name. When you have long wavy blonde hair, and bright, shining green (so I've been told) eyes, people want to be your friend. People want to date you. And then they discover your name. But still, if you're gorgeous enough, people will love you.