Depression

Depression is a hard thing to cope with, it might hurt us, or those around us. Trust me, I know what it feels like, that feeling where either you're trapped in your own cage with voices that haunt you, or you're drowning in fear and anxiety, and you can't seem to swim up with the chains of self doubt dragging you down into the river of tears.

But one thing I know that keeps us together, is this website, and I'm guessing that's why some of you are on here, to get away from social life. To live is the rarest thing in the world, most people just exist, so live it up to the fullest. Don't worry about the voices, they're always going to come back eventually, but you can fix that. Try not to think about what they say, and think about what YOU feel, what you want in this world:

If it's to be happy, I think you can achieve that easily with friends on here, like me! Or you can play videogames or watch something on Netflix or whatever with someone you care about.

If it's for life to not be stressful, plan outside the box! School is the number 1 stress causer, because of homework and other projects. Time management is the best thing, maybe you can use this to your advantage! Like, if you're stressed, do some homework, take your mind off of social issues, if it's difficult homework, take a deep breath and slowly work your way through it, don't get sucked in too much.

If it's to make people like you and understand you, that's a bit difficult. Everyone has their own opinions on life and their own perspective. If that's the issue, think about the people who DO like you for who you are, such as your closest friends, or your followers on here or, someone you can trust. You might think there's nobody to trust but hey, you can talk to me in PM about your problems if you want. I might be able to help you verbally but I can't necessarily help you in reality.

The point is, you definitely have someone that cares about you in this world and think, if there was someone who tries their best to help you out (in real life), would you help THEM out? I've heard that if you help out someone who likes you, you feel happier, trust is the key. Most people have trust issues and that's normal. If that happens, try talking to a friend that won't snitch on you or anything. If you have a parent that won't make a big deal of it, then maybe talk to them.

Cutting: cutting isn't necessary the best way to reason with everything. It may seem like it's the best thing to do in a situation where you're not thinking about anything, but it really isn't, in fact, it doesn't help at all. Soon enough you'll have too many scars to know what to do with them. It only is considered flagellation...which is hurting yourself for something you THINK you did wrong. Let me tell you something: you did NOTHING wrong, if you think you did, I don't believe you, nothing you do is necessarily a bad choice unless you shoot up a school or something, but that's your opinion.

Nobody else can see what you can see, nobody is psychic in reality, therefore nobody can assume what happens to you. People don't trust you until you trust them and that is the best solution, maybe listen to music, or talk with someone, or even do sports. Those are what I call the top 3 coping solutions.

Music/Art/Story Writing

Sports/Activities/Extracurricular activities

And finally

Talking/Socializing with people you TRUST.

If you think about it, it helps a lot. And I say if you're struggling with who you are, think of who you want to be, and be yourself.

That's all I have for now, you have any problems or questions, don't be afraid to tell me, either in PM or in general okay!

Stay Colorful!

~Rainbeau Pixlani