(Spare) Room for Three

This is sort of a parallel universe of Room for Three but it's not a continuation so no need to read it beforehand

==========

It was a chill autumn evening and the dorm was silent, only the birds outside chirping their last songs of the day.

Earlier the boys had been at dance practice, where they started rehearsing the choreographies for their comeback, and now they were finally back at the comfort of their home, either taking a nap already or waiting for their turn in the shower. Given their routine, it was no different from any other day and everything would've been just fine if only Jungkook had been there to follow the schedule like the others.

Having to respond to a last minute request from the production team, something about recording one of the album's songs—"the file you sent got corrupted so we need you to record it again, please" was the messaged that got passed on to him by one of his managers—, he was busy the whole morning and during a good part of the afternoon, not finishing in time to go to practice.

Later than everyone else, he was finally walking down the dorm's hallway in hushed steps, huffing and with browns deeply furrowed at the fact that he was behind the others in learning the new choreographies.

He had no time to lose if he wanted to catch up, so he determinedly made his way to Jimin and Hoseok's shared bedroom in search of one of them who'd be willing to teach him the new moves.

In all honesty, Jungkook felt bad for disturbing their rest time now that they had nothing planned for the night, but he couldn't fall behind the others if they wanted to release everything on the already set date. He had to think of the group, of the fans, and as such he had to do his best and not slack off.

Fortunately for him, he was a faster learner, being able to rapidly learn choreographies and execute them with precision in no time. For that to happen, however, he first needed to know what the dance was, and no one would be a better choice to show it to him than one of the two best dancers in the group.

Jungkook knew for a fact that Hoseok would be in his room, either listening to music or reading a book. Jimin, on the other hand, would be trickier to find, as he had the habit of going on impromptu dates with Namjoon, Jin or Taehyung, and the three of them were nowhere to be found at the moment.

To his surprise, as he approached the door muffled voices could be heard from the inside, hesitant whispers flowing through the small crack under the wooden surface.

Oh, Jungkook realized with a content sigh, apparently Jimin was home and that would definitely make his life easier. Jimin would for sure offer to help him without him having to ask twice—though not that Hoseok wouldn't, Jungkook just knew he'd be harder to convince.

Jungkook held his fist up in the air, ready to knock, but stopped before it made contact with the door. He didn't want to interrupt whatever conversation was going on in there. Judging by the tone of it, it sounded like it could be something important.