Chapter 1 ~ Through the Looking Glass

I awoke to loud knock on my door.

As I sat up, my head started to swirl. A side-effect of last nights great adventure, and boy was it worth it.

The knock got louder, and faster. Soon the knock transformed from what had seemed to be a quiet little noise, into a thumping bang that was almost enough to break my door.

I got out of bed and put on my dressing gown. As I gravitated towards the door, I could sense something was wrong. All of a sudden, I could see flashing lights. The lights were blue and red and circled in a repetitive swift motion. I heard sirens ringing in my ears. Something must have been really wrong for the police to have woken me up at 4:30 in the morning.

I approached the door, and unlocked the bolted chain that sealed it. The heavy door pushed open and an officer about my age appeared on my porch. He was tall, had brown hair, and eyes as blue as the ocean. He approached the doorway and asked if he could come inside and talk. Reluctantly, I let him in, eager to hear what was so important that he had to wake me at such an unearthly hour.

" Are you Natalie Pierce?"

"Yes, and why on earth have you woken my up at this time of night?"

" I am here to talk to you you about a girl named Katerina Petrova. Do you know her?"

"Of course I know her. She is my best friend."

"Have you seen her lately?"

"Yeah I saw her last night. We had a great time with some friends and then she dropped me home. What's with all of the questions?"

"Miss Pierce, I am sorry to have to be the one to tell you this, but Katerina Petrova died a couple of hours ago."

And just like that I was wide awake.

/I hope you like the first Chapter! Please comment, like, and subscribe for more. Also please share with your friends. More Chapters coming soon. ~ Allison/