Chapter I

You're a quiet soul. Someone who fades into the background, but not necessarily a recluse. No, you just like to listen more than speak. You've found this to be quite useful at times, seeing that loud mouths can often get you into trouble. You're still very friendly, and you never look for conflict for amusement. You just like to sit back and enjoy life.

Of course, it's not like showing kindness and being quiet will solve everything. You've had your fair share of problems—mostly from those who think they can use you as a doormat—but you manage to stand your ground. 

When the monsters came, however, your kindness was really put to the test.

Things were very, very uneasy for both races at first. Tensions between humans were already enough, and adding more to the pile made the conflicts come to a boiling point. Hate crimes ensued, mostly against monster kind because of their natural disadvantage against humans. Most of humanity found these acts disgusting, but yet a lot refused to speak up. The small radical section of humans who carried out these attacks got away with it because of the apathy from the general human populace. 

Monsters retaliated eventually. Most of them, like King Asgore, insisted on peaceful means of resolving things. There were some that hated humanity for what they did to them all those centuries ago, and came to the conclusion that violence can only be met with violence. All monsters feared that this conflict would lead to their imprisonment once again, so both sides scrambled to find ways of resolving it.

Slowly, things changed. As both humans and monsters grew weary of the senseless brutality, many joined forces and demonstrated that monsters can indeed coexist with humans. They advocated for peace, and eventually made that change happen. Laws were passed, treaties were signed, and smiling faces were captured for news articles. 

Throughout all this, you tried your hardest to help the cause of the monsters. You've always been on the side of acceptance, trying your best to show kindness to these forsaken people. Many monsters refused your help, they were still wary of humans. This frustrated you at times, but you had to keep reminding yourself what their kind was going through. They had been through war, trapped underground, and then released only to face more adversity.

Even now, there is still an uneasiness. But most would prefer this than the violence that occurred some years back. Relations between monsters and humans were definitely much better than they had been.

You lived at the base of Mount Ebott, so you had frequent interactions with monsters. Many had decided to make the base their home, and you hadn't minded one bit. You even met one of your closest friends, Alva, who is a monster herself.

Alva had been one of the monsters you helped to get back on their feet—or, paws in her case. Ever since then, she had kept close contact with you. She had a knack for learning and analyzing, especially in the science field. Alva left your house after a few months because another monster, who happened to be the royal scientist, was interested in her talents and took her under her wing. Alva had explained to you that the head scientist was looking to recruit a team to help her conduct research. 

Through that, you had met the royal scientist. Her name was Alphys, a small yellow lizard lady who stuttered in her speech quite often. She was very kind, and a bit socially awkward. You adored her though and eventually you met her significant other, Undyne. After that you kept being introduced one by one to new monsters: Papyrus, Sans, Toriel and her human child, even the now famous Mettaton (although you've only spoken briefly once or twice). You'd never thought you'd meet such an interesting cast of characters, but you loved them all nonetheless.

Life was going good after monsters had started to be accepted into society. You didn't have anyone you could've called a friend before you met Alva. It seemed like that was the best thing to happen to you in a while.