Chapter 1

"Rosette! Hurry up you'll be late!" My mom yells up the stairs. I rush down the steps and put on my shoes. "Next time if your not here I'm leaving."

We get in the car my older brother Ross is already in the car. 

"What took so long?" He says.

I just shrug but mom tells him that I was lazy and didn't hurry up. Umm exuse me? I'll get ready at my own pace. 

Just kidding.

We get to school and mom drops us off. "Have a good day y'all and Ross your car is out of the shop tomorrow." 

"Okay thanks. Bye love you!" He says already walking towards his friends. Ross is a senior and he's a football player for our schools team, the lake view lions. So naturally he's popular. 

"Bye mom. I love you." I say waving. She drives away. 

I turn and run towards my friends. They were yelling my name like mainiacs. I'm a sophomore and I wouldn't call myself popular but I have a lot of friends, from every social group.

I don't like to discriminate.

"Hey guys! Whats Gucci?" I joke. I put up a piece sign and shake it. They all make a face.

"Eww. Don't." Elle says. 

"What?" They just shake their heads. "What did I do?"

"Just. don't." Mandi says. "Let's try this agian!" 

I stand there smirking. Elle, Mandi, Jess and Kenz are the girls in our group and they're sometimes crazy. By sometimes, I mean ALL the time. 

The boys are Jack, Eric, Drew and Reeve. They are somewhat normal but they hang out with us so... Who knows!? The boys aren't here now. They're always with their teammates and popular friends, including my brother, in the mornings.

"ROSE!" Mandi yells. I realize I've been staring into space. Wierd. "Go over there and then come back and say hi."

I don't even ask why I just go. I've learned over the years not to ask, just do it.

~~~~~~~~~~~

After this mornings fuss, we get to class and suffer the traumatic pain of learning. It's lunchtime now 

I go to my locker to find eight hungry teenagers waiting impatiently at my locker. 

Reeve spots me first. 

"Hey there she is!" He says lifting his arms up. The rest of them turn to look at me. The boys smile and say hey since I didn't see them in the morning. 

"Finally! I'm so hungry I could eat a mouse!" Jess exclaims. We look at her.

I shake my head and open my locker. I put all my things inside and get my lunch money.

"Isn't 'I'm so hungry I could eat a cow'?" Jack asks. 

"No it's 'I'm so hungry I could eat a gorrila'" Eric says.

I turn and look at him. "No it's not. It's cow." 

Before we get into a petty argument again. Jess says. "It's neither. Becuase I would not be able to fit a cow or gorilla in this." She gestures to her thin figure.

"Yeah. That's why you gotta eat more, Jess." Drew says pinching her arm.

"Just so you could eat me up? No thanks witch." Jess says. We start walking towards the lunchroom.

"Hey!" Drew says offended. "I'm a wizard! Not a witch. Witches are girls."

"I know." 

Drew pulls jess towards him and puts her in a headlock. From his arms jess warns. "Don't do it. If you do you will regret it, I swear."