The Haunted House

- Must be in categories of horror, suspense, or mystery

-Must happen during a 24 hour time period.

It's dark outside and it's almost midnight. My friends, Rick, Emi, Crystal, and I are about to go inside of an old house. There has been many scary stories and rumors about this place. All of them involve murder and killing. Rick thought I'd be a "great" idea to check out this house. I disagreed with him and I don't even want to be here but, I'd be worried all night If I didn't go.
           I can tell from the outside of the house that it hasn't been touched in years. My friends and I walk up to the door and Rick pushes it open. When we walk inside the house the floor makes a creaking sound. It startles me a bit so I jumped up. Rick and Emi laugh at me. I roll my eyes a little. I look at Crystal. She looks like she want to leave but it doesn't seem like it's because she's scared. Rick shuts the door behind us.

"Idiot!" I yell at him. "Why'd you close the door!?"

"What? Are you scared?"

"Of course, I'm scared! Open the door!"

"Fine." Rick agrees.

Rick tries to pull the door open but it doesn't budge. Rick gasps a little.

"It won't open.." he says.

"You're kidding!" Emi says in shock.

Emi runs to the door and tries to open it but it's almost as if the door is screwed shut. My heart begins to pound and I see Crystal's eyes widen.

"This is all your fault!" I yell at Rick.

"How was I supposed to know this was going to happen!?" he yells back.

Rick an I begin to argue. A few minutes later we get interrupted by Crystal.

"Guys, this may be a bad time but I really have use the restroom..."

Emi, Rick, and I just stare at her.

Crystal continues, "I know this is a bad time and I know we shouldn't split up but it's an emergency. I'll be quick! I promise!"

She runs off as she finishes her last sentence.

"Oh no," I say. "She ran off alone"

Emi facepalms, "What is she thinking?"

"We should go after her" Rick says.

Emi and I agree with Rick and start searching for Crystal. We have no luck finding her after about 10 minutes, but then, we hear a scream.

"It came from down that hall!" Rick points to the hall to the left of us.

"No! It came from down that hall!" Emi points to the hall on the right.

"Left!"

"Right!"

Emi and Rick begin to argue about where the scream came from. We're wasting time and someone could be dying. Crystal could be dying.

"Fine," Rick says. "Courtney and I will go left and you'll go right."

Rick grabs my wrist, softly, and drags me down the hall. I don't know why this idiot thinks I'd want to go with him instead of going with my best friend but I just go along with it. I'm thinking about telling them about how splitting up is bad, but I know it's hopeless and that they won't listen. They are both very solid people and once they have a plan. They stick with it.
                 Rick and I walk down the hall. Each step we take echoes down the hall.

"I'm scared." I say. "Do you think the scream came from Crystal?"

"It had too have come from her. Who else could it have been?" He says in a 'duh' voice with attitude.

"That makes me feel so much better," I say sarcastically.

Rick and I aren't very close. When it's just me and him. There's some sort of... tension. The same with Crystal except Crystal and I are a bit closer. I guess, the only thing, or person, bringing us together is Emi. I met Emi in high school, freshman year. I had moved in the middle of the year. Emi was a freshman too. She and I immediately clicked and became good friends. She introduced me to her freshman friends. A lot of them moved away but then, Crystal, Rick, and a few others came along. We're all seniors now, by the way. Emi doesn't realize this but she is really good at making friends. Rick and I argued quite often and still do. I noticed that when Emi is around he's more of a jerk to me but when she's not around he's much kinder. I never really asked him why though. Back on topic, Emi isn't here and he's acting rude.

We walk down the hall for what feels like 20 minutes. It could have been shorter than 20 minutes. I don't know, my friends say I'm overdramatic. It feels like this hall is endless.

"AHHHH!" We here a loud, horroring scream.

It was very loud and echoed down the hall. No doubt that it was Emi. My heart pounds loud in my chest.

"Emi..." I hear Rick whisper.

I look over at him. His eyes are wide. He begins running down the hall, fast, leaving me all alone. I am absolutely terrified. I know he cares about her a lot but does he have to just leave me here? I'm alone in a haunted house. Something bad has possibly happened too two of my friends. What do I do..?

End.

(Cliffhanger for suspense. )

What do you think? It's kinda short.