Chapter 1

Lauren's P.O.V.

I walk into my first day of rehearsals with my Strictly Pro, AJ Pritchard. Out of everyone, he was the one I most wanted. When he dances, it's just incredible, the way he moves, it's just... just perfection. I walk into the training room, 15 minutes early, so I could warm up. It seems like AJ had the same idea,
"Hey," He smiles, coming up to hug me,
"Hi,"
"You're here early," AJ laughs,
"I came to warm up so I was prepared, it looks like we had the same idea,"
"Yeah, so we might as well start if we're both here. Do you want to know what dance we are doing?"
"Yah, what is it?"
"The Waltz."

The waltz, that looked hard. I don't think I'll be able to do it, especially with a disability.
"You ready to start?"
"Yeah,"

AJ begins to teach me the routine and according to him, it's going really well.

AJ's P.O.V.

It is hard for me to change my hold, I have no hand to hold onto. However it feels natural, it feels right. Lauren only has a few days to train because of the Worlds in Australia.
"Lauren? Do you have your gold medal with you?"
"Yeah, it's in my suitcase why?"
"Could I see it?"
"Sure, I'll go get it."

She walks over to her suitcase and brings it back to me. She starts to rummage through,
"I don't think it's in here," She laughs,
"Have you lost it?"
"I don't know, I thought I put it in here?"
"How do you manage to lose a gold medal?"

She begins to laugh. That laugh is just perfection, "AJ you can't think like this. You can't have a repeat of last year." I say to myself.
"I think my mum might have it, I'll ring her,"

She calls her mum and by the sound of it, the medal is at home. She ends the phone call and tells me that it is on her bed at home.

"How are you feeling about the weekend?" I ask after a two-hour block of rehearsing.
"I'm quite nervous because we have had less training than everyone else, they had two weeks and I have had three days."
"Don't worry about that, on Saturday, you're going to go out and smash this waltz. I know it."
"Thanks, AJ,"
"You don't need to thank me, it's the truth."

"How did you get into triathlon?" I question after another block of training.
"I always loved to be active, I loved to swim and it made me forget everything that was going on. Cycling, I enjoyed because when the wind was in your hair and you were pedalling, it felt like you were unstoppable. Running is one of the best feelings for me in the world because when I do it, it feels like I'm leaving the real world behind. I'm in my own little bubble, where I can be myself and I'm not judged. I watched it on TV, and I knew that was what I wanted to do with my life. What about you and dance?"
"I started dance when I was 12, my parents run a dance studio and that is what inspired me. I have danced with Chloe since then and we did some competitions and things together. We then did BGT and got to the semi-final. Her contract with Strictly ended this year though. It is harder now not seeing her as much, she's like my sister."

We leave training a few hours later, both of us have smiles on our faces. I drape my arm across her shoulder and just listen to her talking.

This is my new story, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Love you xx