01.

Important note: This is the start of a fanfiction that was requested by a few friends such as Julia and Hannah. This goes out for you both. I'm very aware but this totally requested by a friend. There will be spin-off stories. [Shawn Mendes and Cameron Dallas fanfictions that connect to the characters and story.] Thank you.

» Jen Riley

I braced myself holding on to Hannah's arm as adrenaline ran through my veins, my heart racing fast every moment I sat in the small seat I sat in. I felt so nauseous, especially when it came to flying. I heard the engine go louder as the airplane had descended. I felt the vehicle shake as it contacted the ground. I closed my eyes, thanking God I had landed safely.

A lady spoke over the plane's speaker, "Ladies and gentlemen, we have arrived in Los Angeles, California. It's currently 5:32 PM with a slight chance of rain and 62 degrees Fahrenheit. I hope you all enjoyed your flight."

5:58 PM

Hannah squealed, "I'm finally meeting Cam!" Her cheeks were rosy and her smile went from ear to ear. I rolled my eyes at her, playfully, looking down at my feet and the cup of cheap coffee I held in my hand.

Minutes went by as I was listening to music and it started to get humid outside of the airport. After all, it is the end of June. A gush of wind hit my face and I looked up to see a car with tinted windows parked in front of us.

Cameron stepped out of the car, running to my best friend. He wrapped his arms around her waist and spun her around. They had a strong relationship even if it had been created over a screen. He planted a kiss on her forehead.

He pulled me into a hug and I chuckled. I said, "I missed you, big cousin."

I pulled away from the hug and accidentally had tripped on someones foot. I fell back and my coffee poured onto the poor person's clothes and I was caught by the person as well. I looked up to see it was Matthew.

Matthew Espinosa.

Flashback

I glanced at my feet. My hot tears fell onto the lenses of my glasses, blurring my sight. The wind at 3 AM in October blew my hair back slightly as I tried to hide it behind my ear.

"We both know where this is going, I know that you know." I felt Matt's eyes on me. He sobbed silently. He scrunched up his hair. The specks of green in his brown eyes had disappeared. His eyes had darkened.

"But I can fix you, Je-

I interrupted him, "Please, Matt. You don't understand that you can't fix me." I took off my glasses and wiped a tear, "I'm the only one who can fix myself. You need to focus on your fans and career. I'm sorry, Ma-"

"No, you're not." He had gotten into his car, leaving me speechless on the driveway of my own home.

I looked down at the spot in front of me that was now empty. My glasses contacted the ground, glass shattering to pieces.

I felt numb for the first time. A part of me was gone. Like I have been paralyzed

End of Flashback

"Shit, nice to see you too?" He put me back on my feet and roughly snatched the tissue from my hand.

I began to try to rub the coffee off his shirt. "I-I didn't see you there. I'm didn't mean to-"

His face was pale, as if he has seen a ghost but it all had washed away in a second and replaced it with anger. He took my hands off his shirt and interrupted, "Save it."

6:12 AM

"So welcome to your new home till you guys find an apartment," Cam's eyes crinkled at the corner of his eyes, smiling and gestured his hand for us to come inside.