Prologue

"Mellisa sweety could you please go and sit in waiting room while I talk to mommy"

"Okay Daddy"

There are loud sobs coming from the room where Mellisa's mother is hooked up to machines and on is on a drip because her mother is on her death bed dying from what started as breast cancer but spread to her lungs and heart but now it had spread to her brain and there was no more treatment available to her.

Moments later Mellisa's father comes out of the room and beacons Mellisa to come over to him so she puts down the toys in the waiting room and skips down the hall to her father who's eyes are red and puffy.

Mellisa's father says to her to say goodbye to mommy so she does and her mother says back to her in barely a whisper

"I love you baby girl, I'm gonna miss you soo much" over annunciating the 'o'.

"I love you too mommy, but where are going?" Mellisa questions

A tear slides down Mellisa's mothers cheek as she responds with "I'm going up to heaven to be with granny and grandpa, I'll come visit you as soon as I can but it might take a while" she says in such a low whisper that Mellisa could barely but she did.

Then all of a sudden the heart minute stops beeping and turns into one long flat beep. As her mother's body goes lifeless and limp her father walks over and picks her up and runs out off the room.