Get Me Out Of My Mind

SUMMARY:

Alcoholism and drug addiction have claimed most everything in Jackson Maine's life, and his career is coming next.

He's about given up hope of anything at this point, even his manager is losing faith in him, when a chance encounter with Ally Campana, rising superstar with problems of her own, brings her into his life somehow.

Not only is this new found friendship with Ally something that could benefit his career, it's also something that can benefit life, for both of them.

[AU]

XX

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Somebody punch me in the FACE and tell me to stop shitting out fics, the amount I'm currently writing is unhealthy as fuck. Don't ask me how I came up with this because I don't know, it just,,,, came to me.

This is going to be a reverse sort of AU. "A Star is Reborn" if you will. There's not really much I can explain without giving the entire story away, but Ally is already a star on her path towards fame, and Jackson is sort of where he was in the movie. A few changes have been made, like Jackson having a manager, Ally's backstory and how she came to be famous, and other things that will be explained. This is an AU, after all.

There will be mentions of alcoholism, drug use, death (not Jack don't worry), suicide, sexual content(will prcttyodd be posting her first ever sex scene in a story? Or will she wuss out yet again?) etc. basically all of the warnings that you would apply to the movie apply here as well.

Just as I always do, chapters that could be extremely triggering will be marked with a (!), and as always, feel free to ask for a summary if something might be overwhelming to read.

As I do with all of my stories, a playlist will be made for this story, which can be found on my SoundCloud (prcttyoddwattpad). Feel free to check it out and let me know what you think! It'll likely be in progress until the story itself is finished!

How long will this be? Well, as I'm typing this note I have no clue, but it's a full length fic, so anywhere from 10-20 or so chapters I guess. Could be more, could be less.

(((Here she goes again writing a fic without planning)))

That's all, hope you enjoy this story!