SENIOR YEAR

Finally. After 4 VERY long years, I could almost taste freedom. It was only a couple steps away but all I wanted to do was fast forward to adulthood. I wasn't afraid of becoming an adult. Life wasn't easy and so I had to grow up very fast. I also wasn't very popular in high school so it's not like I would miss much. In fact, I only had 1 friend. Her name was Jessica. All 4 years of high school, we were the bestest friends! We had lunch together, classes together, we hung out together after school and text all day. I loved her and she loved me. Out of the spur of the moment, one day we decided to treat ourselves for graduation. On this day, we decided to travel to Europe together. Just us two. Just like it had been in high school.

Like I said before, Jessica and I were very alike but we did have our differences. For example, she was the only child. Therefore, her parents gave her everything and also paid for everything. I was 1 out of 3 to a single mother. Therefore, I started working at the age of 16. It wasn't one of those fast food/ retail jobs. This job was the worst job there could ever be. The name was "York Street". It was where my mom and most of my family worked. Just picture it as a gigantic freezer with food and boxes. I worked in the salad department. It was known to be the worst department of all. This is the area where only women worked and all they liked to do was judge each other.

When I first started, I didn't know anyone except my mom. The place was filled with all creepy, older men and old, judgy, catfighting women. Then there was I, a fresh faced 16 year old girl that had just started seeing the world. Of course, people were intrigued. Intrigued to know what I did, why I was there, If I was married or had kids, or if I was a virgin. They were all simply looking for something to talk about. They were searching for a fault in me in order to indulge themselves in my misery. Again, this place was hell. But nevertheless, I made the best of it. Made friends with everyone, was polite to everyone, talked to everyone and simply did my job. I did my job so well that soon, I was one of the best packers in the whole place. This was only working weekends and it was something that I was very proud of.

After working at York Street for about a year and a half, I knew everyone, everyone respected me and I had even gone to make a really good friend. Her name was Sandy. She was only a couple years older than me and was also a student that worked weekends. She soon became to be one of my best friends, my confidant. As the years passed at York Street, I started becoming a woman. My face was getting brighter, my stomach flatter and my curves bigger. All was well up until the moment that EVERY man in the place noticed. All of a sudden, they were all trying to get with me. I was 17 almost 18 and everyone wanted to date me. I don't want to sound cocky AT ALL but this is exactly the type of place it was.

I never really had a boyfriend and had been nowhere near a penis. I really wasn't interested but I did find that I loved to flirt. I was and still am the type of girl that will laugh at your joke every time you say it. I will pay attention to you, laugh, smile, giggle and flip my hair every time we have a conversation. Men like this. *CORRECTION* This drives men NUTS! I soon learned that they absolutely love it.