Chapter 1

I needed a break, or distance, or both.
A Vacation, that's it, that's what I needed.

After I graduated from Hogwarts I started in the department for observation and control of magical creatures.
My day to day tasks were registering and control of nearly human creatures, like Vampires and Werewolves or more harmless ones like animagi.
Controlling might sound a little harsh but it just means that I visited the registered and checked if they behaved and didn't disturb the muggles by showing their true selves.
I also had to do the same for magical creatures that weren't human which were held as pets by wizards and witches.
Some weren't really a problem like Pegasi or Crup, a simple Illusion spell and any muggle passing by would see a simple horse or dog.
Other had a bit of a challenge to them.
A niffler for example may seem easy to disguise as a mole, but moles aren't pets and disguising them as guinea pigs was also riddled out as guinea pigs can't climb or swim both of which are talents of a niffler.
If an accident happened that involved magical creatures, I'd get there and had to manipulate the memories of the victim, to make it seem like a normal animal had attacked them.

I'd only worked in the department for about five years when the War began.
The ministry got infiltrated and
I was forced to give out any needed information about registered werewolves, vampires and other nearly human creatures.
Nothing could've stopped them.
At first I tried to resist, but under the imperius curse I no longer could.
They forced their way into my head, everything felt distant, fake and soft.
And when their voice rang through the fog that filled my head I followed their orders, without any hesitation.
My psyche was pretty damaged after that and I was send to st.Mungos for therapy.
First about a year stationary with daily sessions of solo and group therapy, then until I was finally allowed back to work, every week a check up session.

With my then current daily tasks and extra work I had to do I had little to no time for friends and family.
Let alone dating, I didn't even think about dates anymore.
I learned to accept to come home only to be greeted by my fairly empty apartment in diagon alley.
No one there to welcome me.
Just my red-ish Brown couch in my baby blue living room, in front of a screened radio, or tv, or whatever these muggles invented to turn on and pretend to have company.

My mum was killed during the War for being a muggle born witch.
Dad died, kinda gladly, before the War.
Cancer still sucks even if you're a wizard.
So for most meals I was eating alone in my kitchen that was just big enough to fit a table with two chairs in.
Sometimes a friend would swing by and acompany me but a person I'd come home to, would still be nice .
Someone bigger than me, so I could cuddle up to them after a hard day of work.
Someone strong, to pick me up and carry me when my legs were to weak for walking.
But that wasn't real, just wishfull thinking of my loneley heart.

With the thought of going to my boss after that day's shift, to ask him for a few days of, I disapparated to the ministry.
Or next to the entrance in the alleyway toilets to be exact.
With a quiet *plop* I apeared in front of a stall, waited until the marker turned green, stepped in and, I wish they would update the system, flushed myself down.

That's it for the first Chapter.
I know not much had happened yet but it's just an introduction.
Criticism is welcomed, it's my first story 😅.
Additional info:
- your about 24/25 in this story
- crup: dog breeded by wizards, looks like a jack russell terrier with a split tail, extremely aggressive towards muggles, you need a licence to have one.
Smaller corrections 😅