The Run Away

Zoë cursed. "Where the hell am I?" She sat up right then looked around.

             She was on a bench. In a park, under some trees with the most beautiful green leafs. With sparkling dew every once in a while dripping on her pale scarred skin. The grass to was a sweet green, with sparkling dew, grown to about her ankles. The flowers were pure beauty. In colors varying from bright pinks, a mellow yellow, violets and one astonishing blue iris. All surrounding the bench. It all looked so perfect.

       "Oh.. That's right. I crashed here for the night." I thought I was at home for a moment... Wonder how long I slept. She thought to herself. Without giving another thought to her surroundings or the little duck family splashing about at the pond a hundred feet from her. She checked her glistening silver watch.

          4:23. Good thing to. In two more minutes my cells alarm I set would have gone off.

          She hated when she didn't wake up on her own. She felt so much more free when she did. Because before she ran away. Every day of the year she had to wake up at the same time to get ready for the day. Her mother had made sure of that. Although she still wakes up at the same time almost every morning, it was all the better cause she choose the time.

          She yawned, lazily got her shoes on, packed up her sleeping bag and got on her bike to ride to her boyfriend Mike's house.