Chapter 5: Sagittarius

Above song is needed for the girls song, you'll understand as you read the chapter! Song is from the anime Fairy Tail!

"And finally, our main event if you will, with their angelic voices I present, the beautiful Asterias," the leader of the Nightingale troupe said, as Sagittarius, along with her co-singers Cancer, Libra and Crystal appeared from backstage. 

Sagittarius walked up the stage as the filled tavern applauded them. She smiled to the numerous people there, even if there was always a few freaks who felt the need to wink. She saw a woman with a black cowl on her head, sitting near the front row. She had crimson coloured eyes and they were staring at her intently. Sag could've swore she'd had seen them before....

Crystal sat on a stool, her large harp next to it. She never sang, but she was really good at playing the instrument.

Sag never felt nervous singing anymore, she had travelled and sang for as long as she could remember. As Crystal started playing the harp, Sagittarius, Cancer and Libra made the audience swoon with their perfect voices in harmony.

"Words are born into air,
And quickly fade out in the wind,
But they find their way inside you,
Where they live on forevermore...

When skies are dark and full of rain,
Look inside your heart,
The light, so warm will come and glow,
Shining just like the sun...

You can see, just how much you've grown,
How strong you are...
A love will open up to you,
And it starts from the day that you,
first heard those words..."

There was a round of applause, yet the girls continued on singing. They hadn't finished yet and Sagittarius sensed this crowd would cheer louder than most others...

☆☆☆

"Bravo, girls, bravo!" The leader of the troupe, Erwin said, as they made their way backstage. He walked past them, onto the stage to conclude the show.

"Wow, they're still cheering," Crystal noted, as the rest of the troupe congratulated them on another successful performance.

"Yeah, no shit," Cancer said. "We are pretty fucking amazing."

"That we are, my dear, that we are!" Sagittarius gave her a high five.

"Well, we are, not you," Libra stuck a tongue out at Sagittarius gave her a death glare back. She hated it when people undermined her abilities, least of Libra!

"Yeah, well you sing like an angel, but your face remind me more of a witch," Sagittarius coldly replied, as Crystal got in between them to try and play peacemaker.

"A little help, guys?" She asked the other troupe members, but Sagittarius knew they wouldn't step in. They had seen Sag and Libra fight way too many times.

"You don't need help. They aren't going to do anything," Cancer rolled her eyes, as Erwin came off the stage and greeted the four of them.

"You four are the standout performers!" He happily pulled them into a group hug. He was pretty short, with short arms so it was hard for him to hug all the girls at once, but they returned it. He had found Sag, Cancer and Libra after all, gave them a home and took care of them all these years, like a real father.

"So, do we get a break for a bit?" Cancer asked. "It's nice performing, but I'd also like to have a life..."

Cancer was always asking for a holiday, which Sag found amusing, since Cancer loved singing more than anything. Of course, Sag would never say anything about it to her, since Cancer was deathly scary.