24 Hours: Prologue

Prologue

*******

As she stood on the roof, mere metres away from the fire escape, I wondered what had changed in my life. What wrong choices had I made which lead to me watching my sister standing on the roof of Hilltop hotel, with a gun pressed to her temple? A gun held by my own mother.

'Why' you might ask?

I'll tell you why. But not now. Now is not the time.

She stood, shrunken by fear from her usual height of five foot eight to a hunched five foot six. Anyone who saw her, who knew her twenty four hours ago, would not recognise her now. Alana’s usually long dead straight feisty red hair had been cruelly cropped to her head. The hair was uneven and rushed, giving the impression that she was someone who could not afford a hairdresser. If it wasn't for her 36 E breasts, I would go as far to say that Alana could easily be mistaken for a man. 

For the first time in eight years, her face was bare from makeup. The absence making her appear ill and frail with her pale washed out face. Alana’s usually twinkling brown eyes had sunken in its sockets, showing a tired and weary woman.

Her appearance now, mirrored the appearance of the woman holding a gun to her head. The only difference was that she did not look the way she did out of fear. Oh no. Felicity May looked frail and ill from her eight years of being fuelled by jealousy. Jealous of her only child.

The scene around me was serene, peaceful. Not at all a suitable scene for a murder. I could picture it now. The birds, chirping, were creating the melody for the morning. The wind, silent, still. Deserted streets, as if people did not actually exist. The peaceful aura about the town was surreal. Almost as if Felicity May knew that at this time in the day, the town would belong to her and only her. How wrong Felicity May was.

To any bystander the scene of two almost identical women, standing on the roof of Hilltop hotel having what appeared to be an extremely heated argument, would be a cause of concern. However I am not your average bystander. I am Delilah Nikkita May. Age twenty four. Born of the mysterious Felicity May and twin sister of the infamous Alana May. I am a trained assassin, out to seek revenge.

Revenge on my mother, for giving me up at birth instead of her. For choosing the oh so perfect Alana May over me; plain Jane Delilah. Revenge on my sister for having it all. Fame, fortune, the guys, the whole works! Whilst I'm stuck in a job I hate for the rest of my life. Finally revenge on the May family for forgetting my existence. A mistake that will cost each and every one of them their lives. Starting with Felicity and Alana May.

It was quite easy to fool them. A whisper here, a murmur there, and I had the two of them against each other. Both assuming that one would triumph against the other... Little did they know that their world was about to come crashing around both their shoulders. They would fall at my mercy, begging, pleading for me to put them out of their misery.

Once I am through with them, they will wish that they had never made the costly mistake of denying me my right to leading a luxurious May life. I have had to graft and scrimp my way to minor success and the main two to blame are Felicity and Alana May.

It was quite amusing to see the hard exterior of the two most feared May women slowly chip away; to the point where neither knew who to trust or who to turn to.  Their built up collection of minions, followers of the same calibre; pop stars, singers and actresses alike left them one by one. As each follower was lost, a little sanity of the two women was also lost. This is why now, as I watch the two of them together, believing they are all alone, I laugh at the weak and pathetic wrecks they have become.

I’ll admit I’m a sadist. I take immense pleasure in others’ pain and sadness. It may sound evil, twisted and somewhat cruel now, but if you knew what I have endured... what I have suffered to get where I am today, you would understand.

In my short twenty four years of life, I have seen everything and anything even remotely criminally related from murder to petty fraud. I was trained in the arts of deception and seduction from the age of seven. So believe me when I say I have really seen it all.                                                        

To be honest I could’ve picked any one of the May family members to kill of first. It wouldn’t have been that hard. In fact working Alana and Felicity are probably the hardest people to kill. But something that Alana did, sealed her fate. Her carelessness shortened her pitiful excuse for a life. The two words. Those two words that changed her life forever. Those two words, 'I do.' 

*******

A/N: So guy’s here’s the prologue to my new story. I’m not planning on uploading it now because I’m not sure how many people actually like this idea and will actually read it.

However, if I do get enough reads/votes/comments asking me to upload I will upload the next 3 chapters by the end of September so you have an inkling of how this story will pan out.

Love, peace and chocolate

Simplysoul x