Shivika 3shots: Wife Or Burden? PART 1

Annika felt her face go cold, as Shivaay held her hand tight and led her to his room. No one spoke, but she was more than aware of Pinky Aunty's scandalized dagger like stare at her.
Oh God, what am I doing? I promised her I would leave, now he's dragging me back into his house.

If only he hadn't fainted right there in the streets when he came for her! She'd already refused  to follow him back and he was furious. The next moment he had fainted and she was holding on to him. Rudra was driving and she had to get into the car with him!

Now Pinky Aunty looks like she'd feed her dead body to the dogs. If they had any.

Somehow, Shivaay regained consciousness as they reached the mansion and walked in steadily into what was arguably the biggest drama she had ever witnessed. All because Shivaay had come out to get her. She felt like disappearing into thin air. But no such luck.

Shivaay seemed weary as they reached the door. She quickly draped his arm around her shoulder for support. He closed the door and locked it. They hobbled together to the bed . He sat down and she watched warily.

"Shivaay..."
"Please Annika. My head is pounding, and I think I've had enough of talking tonight. I really need to sleep, I can't keep my eyes open."

"But you haven't eaten anything?"
"I don't care, I just want to sleep. Promise me you'll stay in the room and not leave." She nodded.

He lay back and she climbed onto the bed to.arrange the pillows for him to be comfortable. Once he settled, he took her hand and held it hostage.

So she sat, watching him sleep. Waiting for him to let go of her hand, every time she tried to wiggle her hand out from his grasp, he would open his eyes and frown at her. After an hour, she gave up and just lay there next to him and slept.

***

The next morning, Shivaay woke up, finally feeling like himself again. His shoulder was sore and stiff, and Annika's hand was in his.

Wait, what? His eyes widened in shock as he gingerly turned his head to see. There she was, sleeping soundly next to him. Her beautiful face framed by the tousled curls, she looked so innocent and relaxed.

What would it feel like to kiss her? Her pouty full lips were a constant distraction to him normally, now he found himself staring at them intently.

She suddenly woke up and met his eyes. Her eyes were puffy from all the crying, and he felt bad.

"You slept here?" He asked stupidly, mentally slapping himself. She rolled her eyes and tugged at her hand, still held tightly in his. He pulled back as she tugged, and they shared a look.

"Where are you going?"
"For now, the bathroom?" she said in a wry voice. He smiled sheepishly and released her hand.

Much later after a nice long bath, he sat struggling to put on his kurta. A pair of hands came in sight to help, Annika deftly manouvred the garment and he was dressed.

They both turn to the sound of someone clearing their throat. It was his mom, glaring angrily by the door. Annika looked away from him and made to leave. His mom brought a tray and insisted to stay as he ate. So, he ate in companionable silence with his mom, wondering if Annika was getting breakfast at all.

Later, she tucked him in to rest, and promised to return at lunch. She gave strict orders for him to rest and not work today. He sat and answered his mail, his mind wandering to Annika time and again.

Like being called, she suddenly appeared by the door.

"Did you eat?" she asked. He nodded and she went to pick up her stack of clothes. Instantly worried, he bars her way out of the room.

"Where are you going?"

"To the guest room. "
"Why? What's wrong with this room?"
"Think, Shivaay. Your mother finds it uncomfortable to come and care for you if I'm in here. So I'll sleep there and she can come in here freely."

"No. You sleep here. No arguments."

"The bedroom is where you keep your wife, Shivaay. Not your 6 month burden of responsibility." she replied as she walked out.

***