One

I was a very happy girl until about the age of 13. I started growing sadder over time.  I started to not do well in school. I was depressed. I was shy. I was antisocial. I knew it. But I didn't want to admit it to anyone. And this all started because of a girl.

~-~~-~-~-~-~

"Hey stinky Nikki," shouted Ashley across the room. "Do all my homework. Or I will punch you." 

I obviously wanted to cry. But I didn't. Every time she called me a name, I would remember and cut after school when I got home. Nobody knew about this. Homecoming was in less than a  week. I really didn't want to go. But my mom will probably force me. And I don't want to wear whatever ugly dress she wants me to wear. All of Ashley's friends started to laugh. Everybody else too. I hated how I was a loner. But then, it got to me. Those suicidal thoughts. And I teared up. 

"Awee. Crybaby, crybaby, crybaby. Little fat crybaby." Everyone started laughing even more. I ran out the door crying. And Mrs. Robin, my English teacher was coming in late for class. She saw me. 

I ran and ran out the door I go. It was autumn and summer just ended so it wasn't that cold. I was wearing the normal school uniform. A shirt and a skirt. The rest of the students weren't wearing blazers but I was because I wanted to hide my cuts. No one needs to know, you know? I sat on a bench outside of the school. Then, I saw the most beautiful glowing butterfly. It was perched on a flower beside me. Its wings were violet, pink, and yellow. While its body was fully black. It was truly a magnificent sight. It went to perch on my shoulder.  Suddenly, I heard someone calling my name. The butterfly immediately flew away. But I had a feeling I'd see it again. I turned around. It was a boy. 

"Hey. Nikki, right?" The boy said.

"Yes," I said nervously. I was shaking. And he sat down beside me. 

"Are you okay?" He asked. At that moment, I just wanted to cry. Cry on his shoulder. Nobody had asked me if I was okay before. So I did. I started to cry. Hard. I felt like I can trust him. Like he wouldn't tell anybody about me crying. Like he wouldn't bully me. He pulled me closer to him. I felt his warmth inside me. He puts his arms around me. I put my arms around him. Then, I heard a snotty girl scream my name.

"NIKKI. What the hell do you think you're doing?" She yelled. She's really good at yelling. I, on the other hand, have a very soft voice. I wiped away my tears. "Luka, babeee." She tried to kiss him but he scooted away. 

"Ashley, we broke up a week ago. Stop trying to get me back by using your baby voice." Luka said. 

"Ouch. Baabeee. Don't say that. I love you. Remember that alwaysss!" She blew an air kiss at him. She then went against my ear and whispered, "I will murder you if i see you get close to Luka again." She started laughing. And she walked off. 

"Don't listen to her. She's a brat." I simply nodded and mumbled thank you to him. I'll be honest. Luka was really hot. Like smoking hot. Like everybody is over him hot. Like he is the most popular boy in school hot. Most popular guys aren't nice. Like in any other story. But Luka. He was kind.  "And. I saw your cuts." I asked myself how. How the hell did he see? I always hide them so well.

"H-how...?" I asked, blushing.

"When you hugged me, I just saw. And I just wanted to tell you, I'm here for you. I'm here to talk if you ever need someone. My shoulder is always here if you need to cry. I'm here to make you smile." He smiled. And I finally smiled. Something I haven't done in a long time.

~-~~-~-~-~-~

I know this story won't blow up but, I just thought I'd just try to make a story. And make something semi-relatable to me. This story will probably be very predictable. But idk. I'm not good at this. Sorry, readers. (If there are any) ¯\_(˶'ᆺ'˶)_/¯