Never Going To Catch Me

I don't care about the cover. I don't care about the reads. I just think there isn't near enough fanfictions on this site that actually have some sort of plot and a title that isn't some sugar-filled lovey dovey bullshit

"Eren Jaeger, step out from behind the counter. Come with your arms raised." The police officer's voice echoed around the restaurant. He was cornered. He estimated around ten officers had guns cocked and pointed at him. Thirty robberies and over $100,000 around the country and he was finally trapped at a Waffle House in Dothan, Alabama. Eren wished he had a way out of this, but he had used all his bullets in the gunfight a few minutes ago. Shit out of luck. It was a good run, he thought.

"Come out from behind the counter," the officer repeated. Eren slowly crawled over the counter and raised his hands above his head as another officer patted him down, checking for any other weapons. Nope. I changed my mind. I'm not ready for prison, not yet. Eren had still thought he was invincible, so he ran for it. Dumbass. The police had missed him three times with the bullets as he ran. Never gonna catch me. I've come this far. He then felt the burning pain of a bullet tearing the flesh on his leg.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

I'm going to switch to first person. It's easier for me to write that way.

I was sentenced 30 years in prison. 30 years for 30 businesses robbed. Whatever.

The cell was smaller than I expected it to be, as was my cell mate. Topping out at maybe 5' 3", the older man sitting on the bottom bunk as I entered looked horribly threatening for his size. "Bottom bunk is mine," he grumbled, not even looking at me.

"Okay," I muttered. This did not look like the guy I'd want to cross. I climbed onto my bunk and stared at the ceiling for a good 5 minutes. Surprisingly, the man broke the silence. "What are you in for?"

"Multiple accounts of armed robbery. You?" I didn't really want to know what he was in for, but I asked anyway.

"The murder of over 20 men," he said. I could almost hear the smirk. Shit. Well, at least he wasn't a rapist.

"A guy of your age is going to have a hard time here," he continued. I gulped. "But I'll help you."

Interesting offer to get from a killer.

"Thanks?"

"What did you say your name was?" the killer asked.

"Eren Jaeger," I said.

"Nice to meet you, Eren Jaeger. I'm Levi, but people here call me Levi."

"But that's your na-" I tried to say.

"Shut the fuck up and go to sleep, kid."

This is going to be interesting.