Prologue

5 seconds on the clock. A single point was needed for my team, the Eagles, to win the game.

I had the ball.

"Lara!" Some of my teammates called, but we all knew there was no time for passing.

"Shoot!" Encourage everyone else, including the viewers of the game.

I turned to look at our team'a coach. He was standing, his broad shoulders tense, but with one firm nod, I knew that I had to try.

I fake-passed to my right, than cut to my left, keeping my eyes on both my opponents and the basketball hoop. I jumped-stopped and shot. It hit the backboard, skimming the rim, so without a heart's beat of hesitation, I went for the rebound.

I must of looked like such an idiot, scrambling for the ball like that... oh well.

There couldn't of been more than two seconds left. I grasped the ball midair and shot once again.

In.

I couldn't believe it. My blue eyes were wide and my jaw was nearly touching the floor.

The Eagles cheered while clapping me on the back than hugging me. Even Coach, also known as Doug, joined them in the celebration.

Because we won that game, we had a chance in competing in the semi finals, which also meant that we had a chance in winning the finals for under fifteens girl's basketball.

After roughly five minutes of Doug giving us a prep talk, and a congratulations, I went over to my mum.

"Lara! I didn't know you were that good! Jesus Chist, I would of forced you to do basketball a long, long time ago if I knew!" My mum embarrassingly yelled across the court as I jogged over.

"What can I say, I'm a natural!" I said cheekily, even though I knew that that shot was unbelievably lucky.

We walked to the car park and climbed into our small vehicle together when she asked me if I wanted any ice-cream.

Now, I may be fifteen, but I still acted like a very, over-excited pre-schooler when 'ice-cream' was mentioned.

My mum laughed as I got giddy with excitement.

We turned into the nearest petrol station but was stopped by red lights.

As we were waiting for the traffic light to turn green, I was explaining that Coach got accepted for A-Grades, despite being only nearly seventeen.

The light changed from red to green, so we turned into the petrol station.

That's when it happened.

Lights,

Screeching,

Pain,

Darkness.

____________

So, should I keep going? Stop completely?

What did you think?

Comments please!