Chapter 1

The water, usually calm and smooth, became agitated when the young man lying on it moved weakly. He lifted his head up painfully, then leaned on his sword to stand up. He staggered a little before his gaze was lost in the distance. His thoughts quickly turned to the goddess Rubiss, the one who had made him appear on this unknown world, in order to fight against Nokturnus, the god of Chaos. He adjusted his clothes, repositioned his leather helmet, similar to that of an aviator, on his white hair and tried to concentrate on what was around him. He did not remember walking to this place, and as he concentrated he remembered the explosion of light that had made him land here in the Domain. A being with tremendous power had propelled him away, although he did not understand why, with such power, he had not eliminated him...

The young man would let his mind sail on various assumptions when a noise in the bushes behind him made him suddenly turn around. He took his sword out of its sheath in a flash, and quickly pointed it at the neck of the newcomer: a young man with blue hair, who instinctively pulled out his sword to ward off the blow, his eyes sharp and alert. They had not recognized themselves in the heat of the action but once the surprise was over, they both laughed before hugging each other. They put their weapons back in their sheaths, then the newcomer set about preparing a campfire to warm them up, while his comrade quickly set up a camp on a nearby piece of land.

After sitting around the fireplace, the white-haired young man looked at the blue-haired one, then spoke:

"Glad to see you're in good shape, Reck."

"Glad to see you're fine too, Allen. You look exhausted."

"We all are. Well, I guess I should rather consider myself lucky to be still alive considering how many of our people have already fallen."

Both bowed their heads to the thought of his many fallen comrades. A large number of warriors had been called by the two deities, but their numbers had decreased drastically since the beginning of the conflict. There were now only a few scattered groups left, hunted down by former enemies. Sources of comfort were not common, and the food was becoming scarce.

"...damn it," Allen continued, clenching his fists and teeth. "When will this war end?"

Reck looked up and observed a waiting time before answering.

"Maybe in a little while. Arel, Solo, Avis and I got together a few days ago. I was out looking for food when the explosion of light that took place earlier drew me here. We have all tried to resolve our personal conflicts alone for too long, but we now know that this is not a winning strategy. Alone, you become an easy target for Nokturnus' henchmen. We need to stay together."

"I agree with you," said Allen, whose face became brighter.

When they arrived in this world, after being summoned by Rubiss and Nokturnus, all the warriors had lost their memory. It could only be restored by confronting their enemies, a ploy developed by the gods to ensure that their warriors did what they were there for. Allen had not escaped treatment. But it didn't take him long to realize that the mere mention of the name of one of his comrades, Arel, filled him with joy and the desire to give himself body and soul in everything and anything.

"Traveling alone is simply no longer an option," Allen continued. "And again, if there were only Nokturnus' henchmen to face... These crystalline creatures that resemble us are no small matter either."

The sun slowly began its descent, after reaching its zenith. Allen asked Reck where the camp from which he had left was located and offered to join him without further delay. So the two men got up. Reck quickly extinguished the campfire, then they both headed south to join their allies.