What Ended, Started: Zerix the Warrior: Betrayal of a friend

Zerix knew too well he was overpowered. Yet he chose to fight Zhel in order to free his friends under Zhel's manipulation.

They've crossed their swords in the middle of the field surrounded by trees, while his friends stand at a distance watching him coldly.

Sparks and shadows were visible from the two swordsman. But Zerix couldn't take his mind off of his friends which are standing there defenseless.

He lost his footing...

Zhel smiled as he takes advantage and quickly dashes to Zerix as he flips his sword and slamming the hilt hard on Zerix's stomach which nearly knocks him out and had him gasping for air.

Zerix starts to fall to his knees...

Zhel wasn't stopping just yet, you could puzzle his expression that he was having fun.

He kicks Zerix high up in the air with full force making him paralyzed and spin while rising.

He leaps up higher to the barely conscious Zerix. Zerix refused to give up and held his sword tighter. Zhel smiles upon amusement.

As he spin Zerix's eyes were focused on his friends as if he was trying to reach out to them trying to pull them out of Zhel's manipulation.

Zhel raises his sword and gathers his energy channeling it to his sword creating a destructive layer around his sword.

Zerix spun one more time to see his friends as one of them, Eurix, eyes started to water.

Eurix's tears escapes his eyes as he sees his friend, but couldn't do anything to snap out of Zhel's manipulation. He tries to fight it but he could only move a finger.

Zerix closes his eyes as he knew he had reached one of them.

Zhel swings his sword down towards Zerix and sends him crashing to the ground smashing through rocks and trees. His sword was seen half through the path his crash created, and was still going till he hits a rock that puts him to a stop.

Nothing was visible but smoke, destruction and traces of blood. Zhel started to descend.

[Eurix's Letter]:

As Zhel sent Zerix crashing down it felt like something broke. I screamed at the top of my lungs as I break from the invisible chains stopping me. Tears flowed down from my eyes as my scream seemed to snap others out of something.

The others seemed confused but there were traces of tears on their eyes too.

I dash towards Zerix's direction.

'Please don't die' I prayed

The others followed me.

Nothing but silence engulfed the whole area. The others and I were frozen from the sight before us. From his right shoulder to his abdomen was what it looked like a wound that will put anyone to death. Blood everywhere. Blood was flowing down, from his head, and from his wounds. It seemed like he wasn't there anymore, but I still pleaded for him to be alive.

From the far distance I could see Zhel. He stabbed his sword to the ground as a destructive wind started to blow our way. The others needed to drag me to take cover, because I couldn't just leave Zerix there. It was faint but I saw a glimpse of Zerix's broken sword flew to his direction.

When everything calmed I got out of cover to check on Zerix but his body was not there. A shadow like figure passed through us as a chill on our spine occurred. The shadow stopped just behind us as we start to turn slowly.

We saw Zerix, standing, holding his sword, with an undefined aura engulfing him. We couldn't move.

I tried to call his name but strong winds that started to surround him  stopped me.

Scales started to cover his body and started to reform his sword but it looked different. His wound started to heal and became a scar. And his eyes turned red in color. His face, expressionless.

Everyone froze on their places.

'Is he still Zerix?'.....