The Flamefreak and The Weirdo: Just Maybe

‘Okay, maybe this is stupid. Maybe it is stupid to fall in love with someone who has an IQ of a dog and destroys everything in sight everyday. But, I can’t help but always think of him. He’s always on my mind and I can’t seem to get rid of the stupid thoughts I have about him. What do you think, Mom? Do you think it’s dumb?’   

“Yo, Lucy!” Natsu yelled out of nowhere, scaring the crap out of me. He apparently climbed through my now open window and was behind me.  

“What in the world are you doing in my apartment?!” I screamed, giving him a taste of my ’Lucy Kick’ and glaring daggers at him. His head crashed into the headboard of my bed, and looked like he had birds around his head.

He shook his head and looked around.   “Woah, Luce, your bed is so comfy. Can I sleep in it?” He asked, laying down on it.  

My cheeks reddened when I heard him call me by his nickname for me. I shook my head. “No way! Go home and sleep there!”  

Too late. He fell asleep before I could respond.  

I sighed, knowing that now it was impossible to get him out of my bed, much less my house. Walking over to my bed, I realized how cute he looked asleep--then remembering what happened the last time I was near him when he was in his cute slumber and took five steps back. His face displayed a goofy smile as he muttered, “Igneel” every so often. I really did feel sad for him, though. I wish I could reunite him with his father somehow. That would make him the happiest dragon slayer Fiore had ever seen.    

~ ♔ ~

Seven hours later, I’m starting to worry if Natsu is dead or something, because he won’t wake up. I know he isn’t because I saw him roll over a few times, but how in the freaking world can someone take such a long nap? I’ve went shopping with Mira and Lisanna, visited the guild, continued writing my novel, took a shower, and read a book Levy recommended me to read all in the time he was asleep. It’s freaking midnight and I want to go to sleep on my bed without a flame freak snoring next to me, not to mention his flying cat, Happy, who, all of sudden, wanted to pay me a visit (a.k.a. steal fish from my refrigerator) and fell asleep next to his owner.   

I’m starting to regret kicking him in the first place, because then he wouldn’t of ended up in my bed and snored away like a freaking elephant. Sighing for what felt like the millionth time, I tried pushing him out of my bed what also felt like the millionth time.   

“Natsu, wake up already and go home! I. Want. To. Sleep!” I whined, but to no avail did the boy even budge. A groan escaped from his mouth, but made no attempt to get up. Fortunately, I was able to move Happy on top of my table since he was so small and barely weighed anything. Giving up, I grabbed my pillow from underneath Natsu’s head and headed for the couch.   

“Okay, let’s see,” I mumbled, placing the pillow on one of the arms and placing my head on it. “Nope, too bumpy,”   

I tried another position. “Nah, too awkward.”   

I changed my position again. “No…” I moaned, then yelled out in frustration. “Ugh, this isn’t working!” I tried sleeping on the floor, but it was too cold tonight and my wooden floor felt like an icing rink. I pouted, looking at my bed with its occupant on it. Look at him, sleeping like an angel while I have to suffer.   

3 hours later, I found myself trying to sleep on the kitchen counter, but found it useless, too, just like the thousand other things I slept on top of. “Nothing’s working,” I complained, yawning and looking at the time. “And it’s already 3 AM.” I looked over at my bed again and thought of a plan.