rank four

the school bell rang, signaling the students and other school personnel that it was break time--a time where most people anticipated for.

students fled from their classrooms down to the hallways and spread all over the school's cafeteria wherein they placed themselves on the seats of the tables and exchanged various conversations as they enjoyed their meals.

break time was supposed to be fun and stress-free, but for paige, it actually wasn't.

she quietly stood in front of the large bulletin board in the grand lobby wherein the top students' names were displayed there.

exam week was over and she clearly was devastated because of her personal problems that were being topped off by numerous paper works and school stuff that she almost cannot handle.

school was stressful, of course, and it became more stressful for her because she didn't study well for the exams. but paige did not give up and started to like studying because she saw the outcomes of her hard work and she was really determined to finish college and make it out into the real world, alive.

unfortunately, a horrendous-looking creature named ethan yang, started messing up her life as she set foot into this particular institution, and she wished she'd never been born.

speaking of the devil, the young boy suddenly popped beside her with a wide grin on his face.

his eyes formed into lines and his baby blue braces became visible as he mockingly smiled, and he immediately fixed his composure, up for a talk.

"so, we're here looking for our ranks, eh? have you forgotten that only the top three will get a scholarship to study at jyp university?" he mocked. "eh, too bad, 'cause i'm number one, and poor amber paige is rank number four." he said, a sheepish grin plastered on his face, whilst an annoyed one on paige's.

"go away, ethan yang." paige simply said and started to walk away from him.

"oh, that's so harsh, amber-ssi. why so rude? you're hurting my heart." ethan said and made a small act in front of her, clutching his chest and acting hurt as if she broke her heart.

"yeah, whatever. as if you have a heart, you mean creature." she stated and rolled her eyes.

"and stop calling me amber." she said before she picked up her pace, dashing into her classroom.

ethan was clearly offended by the looks of him being shocked at what the lass had said. he was also about to shout at the girl but he was suddenly cut by the school bell and his friends who came out of nowhere and started to play with him like a bunch of dorks.

***

dismissals finally came and paige was very relieved because she can finally go home after a long and stressful subject.

whilst packing her things, she heard a knock on the window so she looked up to see the boy who made her school life feel like hell.

"what's your problem?" she mouthed to ethan, while the boy was standing there like an innocent baby boy who lost his mom.

paige hurriedly packed her things and slung her backpack over her shoulder while making her way towards the door.

she came face to face with ethan and she thought that the young boy was really good looking.

if only he was nicer, i would've actually liked him. she brushed off the thought and raised an eyebrow at him.

"what's up with you?" she asked.

"i've got something to tell you--"

"paige-y!" a deep voice interrupted what ethan was about to say and all of a sudden, she felt strong and muscular arms envelop her shoulders.

"felix!" she enthusiastically acknowledged his presence as felix placed his head on her shoulder.

paige completely ignored ethan and turned around to face her friend who has genuinely smiling from ear to ear.

"here's ya ramen." felix stated with his cute Australian accent, as he handed her a bundle that was obviously filled with packs of ramen inside.

"thank you." she thanked him by kissing his cheek and linked their arms together.

"you're welcome. oh, i see you have company. annyeong, ethan-ssi!" felix gave ethan a friendly wave, and the latter just nodded in response.

"let's go home, felix." paige looked at the australian boy with so much desperation but felix did not want to leave ethan just yet.

"hey, ethan. weren't you supposed to say something to pai--"

but he was cut off when ethan uttered, "never mind." and turned his heel as he darted for the other direction, his bag on one shoulder and hands in his pockets.

=====

hi ! lol i'm back at wattpad again hahaha i got bored and i really wanted to publish this story so bad.

also, i've made this story like a year ago so jeongin still has braces hahaha hope you don't mind