Part 1 - Jennifer Williams

My name is Jennie Williams. When I was nine years old, I was in a car accident. I died. For two minutes the doctors fought in the battle that brought me back. Those hundred and twenty seconds changed my life forever. All children wish to have superpowers at one point in their life. They all want to be a superhero like Superman or Wonder Woman. I am no hero. Oh no. I am a little bit different. I can enter your mind, manipulate your dreams and there is nothing I can do to change that. So the question now is, what would I do with such a power?

Chapter 1

The old school building was big and looked like one of those medieval castles, covered in gray stone and with dozens of towers. Hundreds of kids gathered outside, and some were already making their way to class. I felt a tang of anxiety inside my chest.

"Just calm down," I muttered to myself as I walked up the front stairs and made my way through the groups of children staggering through the hallways. No-one paid me much attention and I was grateful for that. I pushed through the double doors which lead to the office and gave my name to the receptionist.

"Just wait there, dearie." The old woman said and pointed to one of the chairs by the door as I was given my schedule. I nodded and went to take a seat. Just then, the doors flung open and a girl rushed through. She slammed a piece of paper unto the reception desk.

"Excuse me, Miss Jenkins." The receptionist exclaimed, staring up at the girl with wide eyes.

"Ruth!" the girl said. "Have you seen my schedule for this year?" Ruth raised her eyebrows.

"No, I have not. Why? Do you have a problem?" she asked carelessly. 

"I am signed up for boy's P.E!"

"Never be afraid to try new things." Ruth smiled and got up from her desk.

"But...But..." the girl tried to protest, but the receptionist ignored her and went over to hand me my copy of the school map.

"Your first class is in building six." Ruth said softly and then disappeared into the teacher's lounge. The girl stared after her for a moment longer and then turned to me, eyes flaring with anger. 

"Welcome to hell." She hissed and darted from the office .

Building six was on the other side of the school, so I made it to class with only a few seconds to spare. The teacher was a young man in a t-shirt and jeans. He seemed nice enough. I handed him the piece of paper which contained my details and he smiled.

"Everybody, settle down." He said, and my new classmates all took their seats. "This is Jennifer Williams. She's new at our little school, so I am asking you to be nice. Okay?" the children murmured a soft 'yeah' or 'whatever' and went back to their own little conversations. Just calm down, I thought to myself. Just chill. "You can take a seat at the back." The teacher instructed, gently pushing me down one of the corridors. A few curious eyes followed me as I took the open desk in the back corner.

"Hi." A girl in the desk in front of me said, as she turned around completely. "It's Jennifer, right?" I recognized her as the one from the office. She was pretty, with short black hair and deep brown eyes. A short blue top covered only the necessary along with a faded mini skirt and black boots. Something told me that this wasn't the Class President. "The name's Taylor." She introduced herself. "Taylor Jenkins."

"Jennie." I replied and began taking out my books. 

"So, where're you from?" Taylor seemed eager to make conversation.

"New York." I answered and waited for her reaction. It was always a surprise to people when someone moved from a big city to a small town. 

"Bummer." Was all Taylor said as she turned back in her seat.