Strix and Squiddly-Mom

AN: This takes place during Season 4.

Strix was making pies. She was happily humming as she kneaded the dough and prepared to fill the pie with berries and other fruits. Just then, Squiddly ran in, his tongue sticking out. Paultin was chasing him, yelling, "don't lick Strix! She's not your mom!"

Strix ducked under the table to avoid the hyper child. "Help! Don't let him lick me!" Strix shouted.

"Squiddly, get away from her!" Paultin shouted.

Just then, from the other room, Diath yelled, "Hey, Paultin, I could use your help."

Paultin turned to Strix and said, "Hey, Strix, you can handle him, right?"

"No!" Strix cried, but he was already gone.

Squiddly ran over to Strix and tried to lick her, but Strix held up her hand.

"Look, Squiddly, you can't go around licking people," Strix told the young tiefling.

"But I want to lick people," he said.

"No, you don't lick people. You can lick things, but not people," Strix told him.

"Okay, I'm going to go lick some more gunpowder!" Squiddly exclaimed.

"No!" Strix yelled. " Why don't you stay here and help me make some pies?"

"Okay, mom" the boy agreed.

"I'm not your mom!" Strix said.

Strix began teaching Squiddly to make pies. First, she showed him how to make the dough. She let Squiddly lick the spoon, which made him very happy. Then, Strix taught him how to knead the dough. Squiddly began to punch the dough, which made Strix laugh. Together, they filled the crust with berries and fruit. The two of them put the pie in the oven. Squiddly smiled at Strix and said, "I like you. You're my favorite."

"What about Paultin? I thought he was your favorite," Strix said.

"No, I like Paultin, but you're my favorite," Squiddly told her.

"After all, you are my mom."

"No, I'm not your mom," Strix said, but this time she couldn't help but smile at the child.

"Are you sure you're not my mom?" the young boy asked.

"Yes, I'm sure," she said.

"But you're the only one who looks like me," he said.

"Well, there are other people like us, but I guess I'm the only one like us here," Strix said.

"Oh, well I still think you're my mom," said Squiddly.

Just then, Paultin walked into the room. "Oh, there you are, Squiddly. It's time for your drum lesson," he said.

"Okay, I'll see you later. Bye mom," Squiddly said.

"Bye," Strix said. This time, instead of correcting him, Strix just smiled.