Chapter One

.

.

.

.

.

.

Paris

.

.

.

.

.

.

"Wake up Paris. We got to get going soon if you want to get settled in before you have to start school." My mother Roselyn calls.

This is the day I've been waiting for. I'm finally going to The University of LA. I'm so excited. I've always wanted to do something with writing and photography. It's what I enjoy doing and it's what I'm good at.

"Okay, just give me twenty minute and I'll be downstairs." I say.

I have twenty minutes until I leave my home, my family and my boyfriend Markus.

I get out of bed and head to the washroom. Whenever I wake up I always have to pee. I can't even stay in bed for at least half an hour after I wake up because I always have to pee. If I don't go to the washroom in the morning I'll probably just end up peeing the bed, which isn't good. After I finish using the washroom I brush my teeth and hair then wash my face.

I really don't do much with my hair. I don't really curl it or anything, I just plat iron it and put it in a high pony tail and sometimes a messy bun or I'll just leave it out. If I don't straighten my hair it would be a big mess, which I don't like at all. My mother has taught me to always be presentable for when your going out of even just staying at home. I can never stay in my pyjamas, I always have to change. It's just a habit for me I guess.

After I do my hair, I do my makeup, which only consists of some mascara and lipstick. Then I go back into my room to change. Since I'm just going be moving my stuff over to my new dorm, I might as well wear something that I'm comfortable in. So I decide to wear yoga pants and and a tank top.

I look at my phone to check the time and it 8: 24 am and I need to lave at nine so I have time but I need to load everything in the car so I guess I should start now.

I head downstairs to find my boyfriend Markus standing at the bottom of the stairs waiting for me.

"Hey Markus. What are you doing here? I thought you couldn't make it?"

Markus is suppose to be in the same grade as me but he dropped out of school last year. He was in a dark place because his mother left him and his dad one night and just left a note that said 'I'm sorry, but I can't do this anymore'. Markus was devastated. His mother was everything to him. If you were to look at them when they were together, you would know what I was talking about. Markus had a hard time dealing with that. He started doing some crazy stuff, starting with dropping out of school. His dad started drinking, a lot after his mom left. But slowly things started getting better. Markus' dad stopped with the over excessive drinking and Markus got better too. Since he missed his senior year he had to redo it so that's why he's still here.

"My dad said I could skip school and come help you move."

"Aww, you didn't have to do that,"

"But I did," he smiled.