Chapter 1: The Travelers

As my arms slipped through my roughed up gray sweatshirt, over my head and then securely to my body. I realized I needed to go to town today. I took a quick glance over to the situation and grimaced.

The clothes in the laundry baskets are overflowing as if they are water. Flowing over the basket, on to the ground, and running all over. This means a trip to do some laundry at the laundromat. I mean all I have left to wear is this sweatshirt and a pair of faded blue jeans.

I began bending over and retracting the articles off the ground and then as if I were a basketball player, throwing them into the basket. I stood up and was pleased to see my once disastrous room a little bit cleaner.

Taking a few steps forward to the dresser I grabbed my hair brush and started to attack the brown glob of mess on my head, before I take off. Suddenly, I feel my cheeks tingle as I let out a massive yawn. Then blinking my tired eyes, thoughts quickly slide into my head.

pondered on how I haven't slept very well since I heard about the bio-terrorist mumble. That rumor seems to lurk around as if it were an infection. One person makes up a lie and soon all the people in the twenty mile radius knows about it in less than an hour.

"I mean give me a break!" I shrieked as I threw my hands in the air. Gripping the hairbrush a bit tighter then I continued ranting. "The magical quote on quote "ray sphere" that holds those freak monster powers, actually work?! Please."

My face tightened as I snicker and continue my drift away angry thoughts until I accidentally tug too hard on my hair. Quickly flinching I let out a grumble and continue.

Smoothing out the rest of my hair my eyes scan the room to where I put my metal flower clip. Beginning to shuffle through my desk, throwing papers and then sliding my books over I thankfully found it quicker than I thought. Swinging around, I put my hands through my long hair, grabbed a chunk and pinned the little metal flower into the back of my head.

The flower meant a lot to me. I've had it ever since I could remember. A twig hit the window and I jumped. The wind began to pick up outside without me even noticing.

Bringing my eyes to the next objective. Swinging around, I sprinted to my chair and put some socks on. The usual struggle to put my brown leather boots on my feet didn't take as long as yesterday! A tiny smirk moved across my face.

"Before I forget!" I declared as I grabbed my laundry, with my keys, and went out the door.

Opening my car was a breeze til I remembered that I have forgotten to lock the door before I leave. I staggered a couple steps back and ran to the house. I locked the door to my small abode, and as I began walking back a newspaper greeted me on the sidewalk.

"How did I not see you before?" I said softly to myself. Not wasting any time I snatched it up and hopped into the car. I figured I could read it at the laundromat cause what else am I gunna do there.

Obviously I have to keep up with the latest Bio-terrorist gossip. Who was the new person that got captured? How many people has it killed? How are those scientists capturing they're powers? Does it hurt them? Do they live after that? ...

Snapping out of my thoughts I clench the steering wheel and whisper, "I need to stop. I'm far too concerned about this than I should be. Granted I've been concerned about this ever since... " Gripping even harder on the steering wheel I clench my teeth. Why do I keep bringing that up. My thoughts drift into what I was hung up on before... My parents.

I should refresh myself, I'm an eighteen year old that has no parents and whom barely passed high school. No siblings. No friends. I guess.. No worry! I have no idea if my parents are alive, nor do I care.