|°-°|

They never leave-the mushroom clouds.

They're the only source of energy left.

The red lit sky has always been red.

It is a gift from nature.

Or so the government tells us.

My family knew better. They were atomic bombs from a long time ago.

Nobody and i mean nobody, not even the grocer down the street, not even the scholars and absolutely not the people who walked the streets knew.

Nobody and i mean nobody, not even my mom, not even my grandpa and certainly not the people who walked the streets knew why the mushroom clouds stayed.

Maybe it was the Universe (with a capital 'U'), maybe it was God (someone, my mom told me, that people worshipped in the past) maybe it was even aliens.

Nobody knows why the mushroom cloud stayed and certainly not me.

So, i wondered to myself, why the heck (a word my mom taught me) did the government kidnap me?

I was talking to the grocer when it happened, she was giving me my change when all of a sudden, i was in a choke hold.

All i can tell you, is that it was fast. i was shocked (no really, wouldn't you be shocked?) but i quickly recovered.

Dad told me once that the family secret must never go out. The family secret is what the government wants. Never let it out.

Never.

Another government agent approached me as i bashed the watermelon into the head of the one that held me in a chokehold. I lunged for the fruit knife, but the agent barely-just barely grabbed me by my ankles.

Dang it.